Frosted flake rice krispie treats are temptingly sweet and just not good, they're grrrrreat! Sweet frosted flakes, melted marshmallows and a hint of butter make for the best rice krispie variation you'll find!
Welcome to my husband's favorite rice krispie bar! We ran out of rice krispy cereal one night and decided we'd try some treats made with frosted flakes. They were amazing! Maybe not so great on the insulin pump. My husband usually requires a changing after eating these Frosted Flake Rice Krispie Treats. It's actually quite comical to watch him eat these. One bite of rice krispy treat, and then the familiar chime of the insulin pump delivering insulin. Another bite, another chime. It gets pretty musical around our house when these treats come along.
Enjoy a Happy Father's Day, channel your inner Tony the Tiger and dig in!
How to Store:
- After cutting the cereal into bars, store bars in an airtight container for several days. They probably will not make it that long.
- These bars a lot of times never make it to getting cut into bars. These taste amazing right after you pour them into the pan. They are rich, gooey and delicious. Just grab a fork!
Less Sugar or Healthier Frosted Flake Options:
These bars have A LOT of sugar. There are some really good lower sugar options out there!
- Kellogg's makes Frosted Flakes Reduced Sugar
- Cascadian Farm Sprouted Frosted Flakes Cereal
- EnviroKidz Amazon Flakes
- Annie's Frosted Oat Flakes
LOVE THIS RECIPE?? WE'VE GOT MORE AMAZING RECIPES WITH FIVE INGREDIENTS OR LESS! JUST CLICK HERE TO ENTER YOUR EMAIL AND MORE AMAZING RECIPES WILL BE IN YOUR INBOX!
This recipe for Frosted Flake Rice Krispie Treats is Grrrreat!!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups Frosted Flake cereal
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Stir in the marshmallows with the melted butter and mix until marshmallows melt and mixture becomes smooth and combined.
- Turn off heat.
- Slowly stir in the cereal and coat completely in the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the cereal and marshmallow mixture into the 8x8 inch pan, lightly pressing the mixture with lightly greased hands until mixture is even in pan.
*Post may contain some affiliate links
Parrish (Life With The Crust Cut Off)
This sounds and looks delicious!!! Please come share it at Two Girls and a Party linky party!!http://www.lifewiththecrustcutoff.com/two-girls-and-a-party-linky-party-20/
looks like cake is a easy but alot of ingentients with it so you should have a great time with your money only 3 items
I LOVE frosted flakes...would eat the entire pan of these!
The Cocktail Lady
Oh those sound super yummy!! I'll need to give them a try!
I am definitely going to try. Might I suggest taking wax paper and pressing it into the pan that way you don't get your hands all greasy.
That would be a fantastic idea. The only problem is I never really get a chance to pour the mixture into the pan before my husband is there with the fork eating over my shouder. He loves them hot and fresh off the stove. Enjoy!
Glad you enjoyed them! They are delicious!!
Waiting for mine to cool can't wait to eat them !
Yup real delicious