Frosted flake rice krispie treats are temptingly sweet and just not good, they're grrrrreat! Sweet frosted flakes, melted marshmallows and a hint of butter make for the best rice krispie variation you'll find!
Welcome to my husband's favorite rice krispie bar! We ran out of rice krispy cereal one night and decided we'd try some treats made with frosted flakes. They were amazing! Maybe not so great on the insulin pump. My husband usually requires a changing after eating these Frosted Flake Rice Krispie Treats. It's actually quite comical to watch him eat these. One bite of rice krispy treat, and then the familiar chime of the insulin pump delivering insulin. Another bite, another chime. It gets pretty musical around our house when these treats come along.
Enjoy a Happy Father's Day, channel your inner Tony the Tiger and dig in!
How to Store:
- After cutting the cereal into bars, store bars in an airtight container for several days. They probably will not make it that long.
- These bars a lot of times never make it to getting cut into bars. These taste amazing right after you pour them into the pan. They are rich, gooey and delicious. Just grab a fork!
Less Sugar or Healthier Frosted Flake Options:
These bars have A LOT of sugar. There are some really good lower sugar options out there!
- Kellogg's makes Frosted Flakes Reduced Sugar
- Cascadian Farm Sprouted Frosted Flakes Cereal
- EnviroKidz Amazon Flakes
- Annie's Frosted Oat Flakes
*Post may contain some affiliate links