I'm making dairy free gluten free prepared meals easy today with Kevin’s Natural Foods. While I am always trying to make healthy meals at home, sometimes life is busy. Being able to have some gluten free prepared meals on hand really helps for those busy nights that lot’s of wrenches get thrown into our schedule.Jump to Recipe
Gluten Free Prepared Meals are Important to Have On Hand
Keeping my gluten free dietary goals means that I need to have a mix of meals available. This includes meals I make and prepared meals too. Ready made meals are important to have on hand because:
- Save time
- Save energy
- You continue to have control over what you eat
- Meals are usually portion controlled
- You get to eat a variety of well balanced healthy meals
Making Kevins Natural Foods Meals
One of the reasons I love Kevins Natural Foods is I can purchase them at my local grocery store. They offer gluten free dairy free meals that can be ready in minutes! Meals come in a variety of flavors including peppercorn steak tips, roasted garlic chicken, thai style coconut chicken and more!
Meals are simple as they come fully cooked and you can refrigerate them or freeze them and heat them later.
They can be heated in the microwave or heated on the stovetop. Either way it takes just minutes to prepare them and I can often have a meal on the table in as little as 15 minutes!
Adding to Prepared Meals
I like to add a few add ins to my prepared meals. Some of these ways are:
- Placing the cooked peppercorn steak tips over salad and adding some bleu cheese, sliced apples and gluten free crispy onions.
- Serving the garlic chicken over a crusty toasted gluten free french bread.
- Making the thai style coconut chicken and serving it over cooked rice.
Are Kevins Natural Food Meals FODMAP Friendly?
Kevins Natural Meals are designed as gluten free, dairy free and paleo. Many of their meals are keto too. At quick glance, the thai style coconut chicken, teriyaki style chicken, and korean style bbq may be FODMAP friendly. Depending on what you are able to tolerate, there may be more meals that are stomach friendly too.
Gluten Free Prepared Meals
- 1 package Kevins Natural Food cilantro lime chicken package
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Toppings like cojito cheese, fresh lime slices, avocado, fresh cilantro, mango slices, jicama slices, black beans
- Prepare rice and cilantro lime chicken according to package directions
- Cook rice according to package directions using stovetop or rice cooker method.
- Place prepared rice on a plate or in a bowl, then top with chicken and additional toppings. Serve.