I love Williams Sonoma. Looking. The other day they had some pecan pumpkin butter samples and I was sold! I came home and had to start trying to make it. If you're looking for a delicious and festive way to add some fall flavor to your breakfast or dessert routine, you have to try this Williams Sonoma's Pecan Pumpkin Butter recipe. This sweet and spiced spread is a perfect complement to toast, muffins, pancakes, and more, and its nutty undertones make it stand out from other pumpkin butters you may have tried. Ooh and try this pumpkin caramel sauce very soon.
Making Pecan Pumpkin Butter
Making this recipe is so easy! All you need is:
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Zest of ½ orange
- 3 tablespoon juice of orange
- ¼-½ cup dark brown sugar*
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin or 15 oz fresh pureed pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves*
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Prepare the Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until pecans are browned.
- Place the pecans in a food processor and blend until the mixture begins to resemble paste. (Or like coarse almond butter).
Finish by Making Your Butter
- In a saucepan set to medium heat, place the zest, juices and sugar. Stir until mixture is warm, then add the pumpkin, nuts and spices. Reduce the heat to low and and allow mixture to cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir mixture and continue cooking for another 20 minutes. Remove from heat, place mixture in a jar for up to two weeks.
You Can Use Your Pumpkin Butter in So Many Different Ways!
If you're looking to mix things up, there are also plenty of variations and adaptations you can try with this recipe. For example, you could swap out the pecans for another type of nut, such as walnuts or almonds, or add in some raisins or dried cranberries for an extra pop of flavor. You could also experiment with different spices or adjust the sweetness to your liking.
This pecan pumpkin butter can be used in a lot of different ways. You can slather it on toast, swirl it into your oatmeal, use it on pumpkin bread, on waffles or pancakes! We strongly also suggest trying our pecan pumpkin butter cake!
What Makes This Recipe Different From Pumpkin Butter?
So what makes Williams Sonoma's Pecan Pumpkin Butter recipe stand out from other pumpkin butter recipes out there? Most recipes don't include pecans. The pecans add a delicious nutty flavor to the spread. The spices used in the recipe - cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves also compliment the recipe.
It's Also About the Sugar!
Another thing that sets this recipe apart is the use of both granulated sugar and brown sugar. The brown sugar adds a deeper, more complex sweetness to the spread. The granulated sugar helps to thicken it up and give it a smooth texture.
Pumpkin Lovers We Have MORE Great Recipes for You!
There are more great pumpkin recipes you can make! Find some good new recipes that I know you'll love!
Recipe Adapted From Confections of a Foodie Bride