Delicious salad with juicy steak, crisp apple slices, tangy bleu cheese and a drizzle of vinaigrette.
This salad uses simple ingredients that you can customize to your liking.
- Steak: The star of the show is the steak. Grill it or pan sear it, either way works.
- Apple slices: You can decide what type of apples you like. Make sure they are fresh and crisp.
- Bleu cheese: Cheese is cheese but bleu cheese in this recipe just adds a little something.
- Bacon: Bacon makes life better but can be omitted.
- Vinaigrette: The vinaigrette in this recipe just balances everything out and makes the salad come together.
What Kind of Steak?
We use a good old flank steak for this recipe. It's perfect for using in salads.
What Type of Apples?
We recommend honeycrisp, fuji, pink lady or other similar types of apples.
I Really Am Not a Fan of Bleu Cheese
You are welcome to substitute feta if you would like, but the bleu cheese really adds some great flavor to the salad.
I love a regular balsamic vinaigrette or an apple cider vinaigrette. Both are delicious!
Steak, Apple and Bleu Cheese Salad
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 whole flank steaks
- 1 cup bleu cheese
- 2 whole apples cut into bite sized pieces
- Bacon bits
- 2 tbsp oil
- Apple Cider or Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Heat grill or pan on medium heat. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of oil into the pan if pan frying. Place steak in the pan or on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium heat. Flip steak and cook additional 5-6 minutes or until steak is cooked to desire doneness. (use meat thermometer). Remove from heat and allow steak to sit for several minutes.
- Cut steak into strips. Arrange two cups of salad on each plate, then top with bacon bits, approximately ½ apple cut into bite sized pieces, steak and ¼ cup bleu cheese. Drizzle vinaigrette on top. Serve.