This recipe will have you daydreaming you are eating a bowl of this for breakfast while sitting seaside in Greece. Delicious roasted apricots with yogurt, sweet spices and a hint of honey! Just a few ingredients and time to make this amazing breakfast, snack or dessert!
This recipe is simple to make. Just drizzle some olive oil, honey and spices over apricots then roast in the oven until cooked. Then place the apricots on top of some greek yogurt and sprinkle some roasted sunflower seeds on top.Jump to Recipe
How to Cook with Olive Oil
Olive oil has lot's of uses!
- Delicate oils are perfect in salad dressings, or as a condiment with milder foods like vegetables, fish, eggs or potatoes.
- More robust oils are good for heartier foods like steak or spicy soups.
- Olive oil has a high smoking point of 400 degrees, so olive oil is perfect for holding up to cooking, or even enhancing any dish by drizzling on as a finish.
The history isn't super well known, but it is said that Alexander the Great introduced the apricot to Greece. 95% of the United States supply of apricots come from California with Washington and Utah making up the remaining 5%.
Yes, even the apricot gets it's own day every year. The apricot is observed on the 9th of January every year.
Apricots are free of cholesterol, sodium and fat. They are also rich in Vitamin A and beta carotene. They are also rich in soluble fiber. They also are a good source of iron and antioxidants.
When Are Apricots In Season?
Depending on the weather, apricots are usually in season from early May until July.
What Type of Olive Oil Works Best?
We used Le Stagioni d' Italia, an authentic European oil. Italian olive oil is cold pressed olive oil that has not been heated during processing so it may maintain it's full nutritional value.
What Recipes Can You Make with Apricots?
Here are some favorites:
Mediterranean Style Roasted Apricots and Yogurt
- 12 whole apricots, cut in half with pits removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- Juice of ½ orange
- 1 star anise
- 2 tbsp roasted sunflower seeds
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir the olive oil, honey, orange juice and star anise in a small saucepan and heat until warm. Set aside for several minutes to allow the star anise to infuse in the mixture.
- Place the apricots in a baking dish with the cut side facing up. Remove the star anise from the olive oil mix and pour mixture over the apricots.
- Roast apricots in oven for 20 minutes, or until the apricots are cooked through and beginning to bubble. Remove apricots from the oven and allow to cool for several minutes.
- Place greek yogurt in four bowls. Top with apricots, some sunflower seeds and a pinch of cinnamon.
I received this product for free from Mom's Meet (MomsMeet.com). I've posted my honest opinions regarding the product. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.