Oh glorious popcorn. Nothing is better than a fall night curled up under a blanket with a bowl of fresh popcorn and watching my favorite fall shows.
Sometimes popcorn needs a little twist though and this amazing apple cider caramel popcorn with a white chocolate drizzle takes a normal bag of popcorn to a whole new level. This one is perfect for relaxing on fall evenings. It's a little decadent and perfect for gift giving or munching in front of the television.
I'm a television muncher. I wish I was better about that, but I am not.when you’re needing a healthier option you could try this keto popcorn
This recipe was made much easier with the help of SkinnyPop popcorn. I always have bags of this hanging around the house because popcorn is a simple and easy snack to make up. Today we're featuring this recipe as part of the National Popcorn Popping Month.
- 1 quart apple cider
- 2 4.4 oz bag SkinnyPop popcorn, unflavored
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz bag white chocolate chips
- Pour the apple cider into a saucepan. Turn the heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a boil. Once mixture is boiling, reduce heat until mixture begins to simmer. Continue stirring mixture occasionally, cooking until the cider has been reduced to a syrup (about ½ cup). This will take about 45 minutes to an hour. Remove the mixture from the heat, and pour into a small bowl.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a pan, turn heat to medium high Melt the butter in the saucepan.Once the butter is melted, mix in the cider, honey, brown sugar and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Allow the mixture to boil for five minutes. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and ginger.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, stir in the baking soda and vanilla. The mixture will start to bubble and become frothy. Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn and toss until coated.
- Spread the popcorn onto large baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring and tossing the mixture every 10 minutes. Check mixture after 35 minutes of baking. If it is crispy, it is ready to come out. If not, continue cooking and checking every five minutes until done.
- Remove popcorn from oven, allow popcorn to cool completely. Melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over cooled popcorn. Allow the white chocolate to set and then break into pieces for serving.
Recipe Inspired by Annie's Eats.
What a delicious treat, I will just love your popcorn with such a great flavor! Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.