3-ingredient cake mix cookies are some of the most effortless and versatile cookies you can make! Unlike traditional cookies that require a multitude of ingredients and precise measurements, these treats come together with just three basic components: cake mix, eggs, and oil.
The first step to making these cookies involves gathering the essential ingredients: a box of cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil or butter.
- Cake Mix: Choose your favorite cake mix flavor – chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, red velvet, strawberry lemonade or any other flavor you prefer.
- Eggs: Typically, you'll need two large eggs for binding the ingredients together.
- Oil or Butter: Use a neutral oil like vegetable oil or melted butter to add moisture to the cookie dough.
If you love making cookies, you can also try using a box of cake mix to make some cake mix brownies, some festive Halloween cake mix cookies, or this easy soda pop cake made with just two ingredients!
preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil, mixing until the ingredients are just combined. Avoid overmixing, as this can result in tough cookies.
Using a spoon or tablespoon, drop rounded portions of the batter onto ungreased baking sheets. The cookies will spread slightly during baking, so leave space between each one. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, enjoy these soft and chewy treats with a glass of milk or your favorite beverage
These cookies can be made very easily with a gluten free cake mix if you need to make them gluten free.
- Add-ins: Enhance the flavor and texture of your cookies by adding chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruits, or sprinkles to the dough.
- Flavor variations: Experiment with different cake mix flavors to create unique cookie variations. Mix chocolate cake mix with peanut butter chips for a delightful combination, or use a vanilla cake mix with rainbow sprinkles for a funfetti cookie.
- For a chewier texture, slightly underbake the cookies.
- To enhance the flavor, use a high-quality cake mix.
- To create festive treats, decorate the cookies with sprinkles, icing, or melted chocolate.
There are endless possibilities of combinations when making your 3 ingredient cake mix cookies. Here are just a few you can add to your cake mix prior to baking:
- Dark chocolate raspberry cookies: Add one cup mini chocolate chips and one cup chopped freeze dried raspberries.
- Candy bar: Add two cups of your favorite chopped candy bars.
- Almond joy: Add one cup mini chocolate chips, ¾ cup coconut flakes and ¼ cups thinly sliced almonds.
- Peppermint crunch cookies: mix in two cups of crushed peppermints or mint baking chips.
3 Ingredients Cake Mix Cookies
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper optional
- 1 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- In a mixer, blend together the chocolate cake mix, oil or butter and eggs until smooth.
- To bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Roll cookies into tablespoon sized balls for normal sized cookies, or teaspoon sized balls for mini cookies (our favorites for school lunches). Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes for tablespoon sized cookies or 6-8 minutes for teaspoon sized cookies. When baked, remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes on the cookie sheet before moving cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- Serve immediately or freeze in airtight containers or plastic freezer bags to serve later.