I hope that there is someone like me out there. Everytime I go on a longer vacation I go on this insanely weird cleaning kick. I don't want to return to a dirty house, so I clean it before hand. I don't know why I do it--it just adds lot's of extra stress and I'm more exhausted before vacation. But I do. Because I'm weird.
Of course, after a day of cleaning I want to eat. And with only a week left before I trade in pumpkin for peppermint every night brings some sort of pumpkin goodie.
This easy and simple pumpkin spice cake in a mug tastes incredibly delicious. It's the perfect dessert for a cool fall night and makes just enough that you won't overindulge.
- 3 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp gluten free baking mix, unbleached all purpose flour, almond flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, melted coconut oil or greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp buttermilk or non dairy milk substitute
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- For the Frosting:
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Drops of water or milk
- Optional toppings: In place of the frosting, you can place a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream on top of the cake.
- Lightly grease a mug. In the mug mix together all the cake ingredients.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 15 seconds. Check for doneness, continue to cook at 15 second intervals until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Mix together the frosting ingredients, pour on top the warm cake. Serve while warm.
Leave a Reply