Trader Joes gluten free gobbler quesadilla melts in your mouth with the flavors of butternut squash, kale, cranberry, mozzarella and turkey! (gluten free, dairy free option, nut free, soy free, FODMAP, vegetarian option, vegan option)
Trader Joes Gluten Free Gobbler Quesadilla
The perfect anytime meal for:
The ingredient list is simple for this recipe! You'll need:
- Butternut Squash
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Gluten Free Tortilla
I'm Vegan. Can I Enjoy A Vegan or Vegetarian Version?
Absolutely! You could omit the turkey all together to make a vegan or vegetarian version, or substitute vegan turkey for the turkey in this recipe. Omitting the turkey also makes these only five ingredients!
Can You Use Dairy Free Cheese?
Yes! There are many good dairy free cheeses on the market now and you could easily substitute dairy free mozzarella.
Can You Make and Freeze These Ahead of Time?
I'm going to go with....it depends. I have made and frozen them before and they did great. But in my opinion the winning combo for taste was to use frozen butternut squash and fresh kale. I assembled all of the quesadillas ahead of time and then put them in the freezer. But using the frozen squash and fresh kale prior to freezing was the best once thawed and cooked.
You could microwave these but for a nice crispy tortilla I would consider grilling these or oven baking for best results.
I think these are best served hot off the grill or out of the oven but it's personal preference. I've also had them as a next day lunch and while they aren't quite as tasty they are pretty good!
Copycat Trader Joes Gluten Free Gobbler Quesadilla
- 2 cups roasted turkey meat see notes for vegan substitutions if desired
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese see notes for vegan/dairy free substituions
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup kale leaves, ribs removed
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 4 whole gluten free tortillas
- In a pan, add 1-2 tablespoon oil. Add the kale, butternut squash and cook on medium heat until kale has wilted and squash is fork tender.
- Place two tortillas separately in a pan on medium heat. Evenly divide the kale and butternut squash mixture, then add the cheese, cranberries and turkey. Evenly divide between the two tortillas.
- Top with other half of tortilla and cook for several minutes until tortilla is browned and cheese begins to melt. Flip and cook for an additional few minutes until cheese fully melts and the other side of the tortilla is browned.