This five ingredient carrot cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It is moist, flavorful, and easy to make. The only ingredients you need are carrots, flour, sugar, eggs, and oil. You can even make it gluten free and vegan easily!Jump to Recipe
Making Five Ingredient Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is just a classic staple for Easter and spring! I love its moist texture and rich flavor. I love that this carrot cake recipe is so easy to make and oh so satisfying!
For this recipe you will need grated carrots, flour, sugar, eggs and vegetable oil.
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, flour, sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can use gluten free flour for the all purpose flour to make the recipe gluten free. Use egg replacer for the eggs to make the recipe vegan.
Frosting the Cake
This cake is amazing on it's own but sometimes you just gotta have some frosting! If you would like to add some frosting, here is a quick and simple recipe for it:
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Frost cooled cake and enjoy!
Tips for Making Five Ingredient Carrot Cake
- For a richer flavor, use brown sugar instead of white sugar.
- To make a vegan carrot cake, use vegan butter and sugar.
- For a gluten-free carrot cake, use gluten-free flour.
- To make a dairy-free carrot cake, use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil.
- For a nut-free carrot cake, use sunflower oil instead of vegetable oil.
This five ingredient carrot cake can be served on its own or with a side of whipped cream or ice cream. It is also a great addition to a potluck or picnic.
Leftover five ingredient carrot cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Five Ingredient Carrot Cake
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking dish.In a large bowl, combine carrots, flour, sugar, eggs, and oil. Mix until well combined.Pour batter into prepared baking dish.Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.