Impress your family with this gluten free monkey bread made with under five ingredients! With a sweet and cinnamon flavor, this recipe is perfect for breakfast, dessert, or any time of day. Enjoy the fluffy and flavorful bread without worrying about gluten, and impress your family and friends with this quick and tasty treat. (gluten free, dairy free option, nut free, soy free, FODMAP, vegetarian, vegan option)Jump to Recipe
Gather the ingredients: gluten free dough, butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon
The ingredient list is super simple for this recipe! All you need is:
- Gluten free dough
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
Grease a round 9-inch (23 cm) cake pan or a bundt pan with the butter. In a medium bowl, place the granulated sugar, brown sugar and ground cinnamon. In a separate bowl, place the melted butter. Roll the dough into one inch balls.
Prepare the dough and roll it in the butter and sugar mixture
Roll the dough into one inch balls. Roll the dough in the melted butter, then in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Arrange the dough in the pan or the bundt pan. Sprinkle any remaining butter and sugar mixture evenly over the top of the dough.
Bake in preheated oven until golden on top
Place the dough in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes for the 8 inch cake pan and 35-40 minutes in the bundt pan. Bake until the top is golden brown and the dough is cooked through. If you are filling your bundt pan halfway full using the gluten free pizza dough, you may need to cook it for 40-45 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes in the pan before removing
Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes before turning the dough onto a plate to finish cooling completely. The caramel like syrup topping will drizzle over the top.
Questions about making gluten free monkey bread
What kind of dough can I use?
we use store bought Wholly Wholesome gluten free pizza dough. It's in the freezer section at my local Whole Foods or you can find it online. I use Rhodes rolls for the family and I make mine with the pizza dough. It substitutes perfectly! Just let the dough thaw before you start to roll it. You can also use our versatile simple dough recipe too! You can find it in our five ingredient or less gluten free bread making cookbook. Use the code GFBREAD at checkout for a discount!
What can I use in place of xanthan gum in monkey bread?
You can use psyllium husk powder. It helps to create a gluten like texture in gluten free breads. Use 1 teaspoon to every one cup of gluten free flour in a recipe. /
How long does it take to cook gluten free monkey bread?
It really depends on the size of the pan you are using. An 8 inch pan requires about 20-25 minutes of cooking time at 350 degrees. A bundt pan filled halfway full with dough will require about 35-45 minutes of baking time at 350 degrees.
Other delicious gluten free breakfast recipes!
I have tons of great gluten free breakfast recipes you can enjoy! Try some of my favorite gluten free copycat restaurant recipes like our Denny's Grand Slam or IHOP pancakes.
There is also a huge collection of gluten free breakfast recipe you can enjoy like croissant french toast, pumpkin swirl breakfast cake, scones, pancakes, bread and more!
Gluten Free Monkey Bread
- bundt pan optional
- 1 package gluten free pizza dough
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease an 8 inch round cake pan or a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Roll the pizza dough into small balls, about the size of a ping-pong ball. Dip each ball into the melted butter, then roll it in the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture until coated.
- Place the coated dough balls into the cake or bundt pan, stacking them on top of each other until the pan is full or the bundt pan is approximately ½-2/3 of the way full. (see notes below for using a bundt pan)
- Pour any remaining butter over the top of the dough balls.
- Bake the monkey bread for 20-25 minutes if baking in a cake pan, or 35-45 minutes if cooking in a bundt pan. The dough needs to be fully cooked and the top will be golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the monkey bread cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Flip the pan onto a serving platter, so the monkey bread comes out in one piece. Serve warm.