Autumn is here and the aroma of pumpkin spice fills the air, beckoning us to indulge in the comforting flavors of the season. And what better way to embrace these cozy flavors than with a batch of delectable pumpkin spice donut holes? These bite-sized treats are incredibly easy to prepare, requiring just three simple ingredients and no fancy equipment. With their soft, fluffy texture and irresistible pumpkin spice flavor, they're sure to become a favorite among family and friends.
The beauty of these donuts lies in their simplicity. You'll only need three readily available ingredients to whip up a batch of these delightful treats:
- Yellow cake mix: A yellow cake mix brings the sweetness you need to these donut holes along with the ability to help these donuts rise.
- Pumpkin spice: The key to any pumpkin recipe is this amazing spice!
- Pumpkin: You can't have a pumpkin donut without the star--pumpkin!
Ingredients needed for your donuts include yellow cake mix, pumpkin spice and pumpkin puree
place dough in your cake pop pan or mini muffin pan
mix dry ingredients together. Then add the wet ingredients and mix together
Bake your donuts, then remove from muffin pan or cake pop pan. Toss in a cinnamon sugar coating if desired.
Preparing Your Donuts
Preparing these pumpkin spice donut holes is a breeze, requiring minimal effort and no fancy equipment. Follow these simple steps to create a batch of these delectable treats:
- Preheat Oven and Grease Baking Sheet: Set your oven to 375°F (190°C) to ensure even baking. Grease a baking sheet to prevent sticking.
- Combine Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- Shape Donut Holes: Spoon your donuts into a cake pop pan or mini muffin pan.
- Place on Baking Sheet: Arrange the donut holes on the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space between them for spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 Minutes: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the donut holes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the donut holes to cool completely before enjoying. You can toss them in cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar prior to serving.
You can store your donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. Donuts can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. You can freeze donuts in an airtight container for up to three months.
I like using a cake pop pan for making perfectly round donut holes. You can also use a mini muffin pan.
These pumpkin spice donut holes can be made very easily by substituting a keto cake mix, gluten free cake mx or vegan cake mix.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can substitute the yellow cake mix with biscuit mix, pancake mix or even self rising flour. Please note it might alter the taste of the donut.
Absolutely! Once the donut holes have cooled completely, you can add a powdered sugar glaze or cinnamon sugar topping for an extra burst of sweetness and flavor.
Store leftover donut holes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. If you want to extend their freshness, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Yes, you can freeze the donut holes for up to 3 months. To freeze them, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to an airtight freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to enjoy, tha
Yes, you can make this recipe using gluten-free ingredients. Simply substitute the biscuit mix with a gluten-free biscuit mix and ensure that the pumpkin pie spice is gluten-free.
Embrace the simplicity and deliciousness of these 3-ingredient pumpkin spice donut holes, and let the warm, comforting flavors of fall fill your home and hearts.
And don't forget to grab yourself some other great pumpkin recipes!
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
- cake pop pan or mini muffin pan
- 1 box 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour the batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each well about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the donut holes are golden brown and cooked through.
- Let the donut holes cool completely in the donut pan before enjoying.