Food allergy friendly cooking for a variety of diet types with simple meals ready in under 30 minutes and using ten ingredients or less! Food allergy friendly cooking has never been this simple!
I didn't always start out cooking. I started Burnt Apple as a way to collect the recipes that I made that DID turn out. I had three kids that were premature. Because of my health issues the doctors would try them on different diets so it got to the point that I needed to learn to cook or my ex husband and I were going to need some very, very large raises to afford the food bills for all this allergy friendly food.
There were a couple of things I noticed right off the bat.
- I was sick of seeing lot's of recipes that were food allergy friendly that required lot's of ingredients and time in the kitchen and/or required me to make it from scratch.
- I didn't have time to make meals from scratch.
- If the kids or I have a food craving we want that food...stat! Like as fast as going to the grocery store stat.
I started making recipes and working with the food skills that I had. Which were like, non existent at that point and time. We ate a lot of burned (burnt!--it sounds more elegant!) food and I refined the process so now I'm making two sets of meals in under 30 minutes. I now have nieces and nephews heading off to college and they are always asking for meals that are simple and easy too. So now I exclusively make recipes made with under ten ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes!
Burnt Apple Meaning
Burnt sounds more elegant than burned but I've made my fair share of disasters. Apple is the elegant part---the beautiful that turns out. Here are some of the more memorable moments in Burnt Apple history:
- Making muffins that were so hard my ex husband threw them at a wall and they broke the wall!
- Going through A LOT of dishwashers until I realized that dishwasher did not mean you just throw anything into the dishwasher.
- Both husbands have had to have an appliance fund for all the appliances I break. I feel like it's bad luck but...
- My sister in law telling my story of making banana bread for the first time for the family with banana chunks that had sunk to the bottom of the loaf.
- I cannot fry anything.
- The kids never flinch when the fire alarm goes off in the house partly because it goes off at least monthly.
- In fact when my daughter showed up with her friends for her high school graduation party, some of the butter and cheese for the meal I was making had fallen and burned in the oven and sent smoke through the whole house. The kids were nice about it, but it was like there was a fog storm of smoke in the house!