Are you on the lookout for a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than these delicious peanut butter protein powder bars! These treats taste incredible, but also pack a powerful protein punch. And they don't have that chalky protein powder taste!Jump to Recipe
Making your own peanut butter protein bars
One of the significant advantages of making your own peanut butter protein bars is that you have complete control over the ingredients. You can choose high-quality protein powder, natural sweeteners, and other wholesome ingredients to ensure that your bars are as healthy as possible. Making your own bars also allows you to customize the flavor and texture according to your preferences. You can experiment with different combinations of nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and spices to create unique and delicious bars.
Another benefit of homemade protein bars is the cost savings. Store-bought protein bars can be quite expensive, especially if you consume them regularly. By making your own bars, you can save money in the long run.
You need just a few ingredients to make these protein bars! Grab some:
- Peanut butter
- Crushed graham crackers
- Peanut butter protein powder
- Maple syrup or honey
- Chocolate chips
In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, crushed graham crackers, peanut butter powder and maple syrup or honey until smooth. Pour into a lightly greased 8x8 inch pan and press evenly. Melt the chocolate chips and 2 teaspoons peanut butter. Stir until smooth, then pour over the top of the peanut butter mixture. Smooth, then place in the refrigerator to set. Remove from refrigerator and slice into bars. Serve.
What type of peanut butter protein powder to use
You can certainly use your favorite brand of protein powder, but we used Naked Nutrition and loved it! I highly recommend it. It had a nice peanut butter flavor that wasn't overwhelming, and I couldn't even taste it in the bars. There was no chalky taste either, bonus! It's also low in calories and fat and is vegan and gluten free.
Substitutions for dietary needs
You can make these bars fit your dietary needs very easy! First you'll want to find your need below:
- Gluten free: To make these bars gluten free, use gluten free graham crackers.
- Vegan/dairy free: You can make these bars vegan and dairy free by using dairy free chocolate chips. For a vegan version, use maple syrup instead of honey.
Frequently Asked Questions
These bars are perfect for athletes, fitness enthusiasts, or anyone looking to add more protein to their diet
They can be when you need a sweet treat. They are also great as a pre-workout snack or a post-workout recovery fuel.
Some benefits include:
* Increased protein intake: Peanut butter is a good source of protein, and protein is essential for muscle growth and repair.
* Reduced hunger: Protein can help to suppress appetite, which can be helpful for weight loss or weight management.
* Improved energy levels: Protein can help to provide sustained energy throughout the day.
The amount of calories in each bar depends on the type of protein you use. Typically each bar would contain about 200-300 calories.
Have you ever had Perfect bars? I made a copycat version of the peanut butter protein chocolate chip bars!
The bars can be stored in an airtight container for several days in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen in an airtight container or plastic storage container for up to a month.
Peanut Butter Protein Powder Bars
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup peanut butter protein powder
- ½ cup crushed graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
For the topping: (optional)
- 8 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoon peanut butter
- In a bowl mix together the peanut butter, peanut butter protein powder, graham cracker crumbs, and honey or maple syrup until smooth.
- Press the mixture into a lightly greased 8x8 inch pan. (optionally you can line your 8x8 inch baking pan).
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate and 2 teaspoons of peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Pour the chocolate over the top of the peanut butter mixture and spread until smooth.
- Place bars in the fridge and refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes to one hour. Remove from fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes prior to cutting into bars.
- Store in an airtight container for several days in the refrigerator or freeze in an airtight container for up to a month.