I needed a week off. I tried to sit down to write this post but it just didn't happen. Time wasn't there and life just got crazy. While I nibble on one of these delicious sugar cookie bars, this is what happened this week:
- Finals ended and grades were posted. No idea how I pulled all A's this semester. Life was too crazy and I had to check and do a couple of double takes.
- Soccer season ended and our days of dinner in the car on the way to a soccer practice or game ended too. Car selfies with my phone have not ended.
- School started again. Welcome to summer semester where the break between spring and summer is about a week
- I became a mom to caterpillars. After two caterpillars, a rolie polie and a ladybug died, I mail ordered caterpillars that had a money back guarantee. I check on them all the time and freak out if they stop moving. My little girl is so excited to have some butterflies but keeping them alive at our house takes a miracle.
- I got the cutest potted flower from my five year old for Mother's Day. She said that she told her teacher that she would need to take care of it because I kill flowers.
- I packed up our old house in three days.
- I moved into our new house and unpacked in under 24 hours
- The end of year kids activities to remember have gone to a level of crazy. Why are the last weeks of school so nuts? There are too many days to remember and things the kids have to bring and field trips and graduations and treats to bring and it's crazy! So the first day in the new house was pizza on the deck night. I was done and tired. Too crazy of a week!
So that's probably why I'm grateful that there are some sugar cookie bars hidden in the back of the freezer. Let them thaw and life is good. While they laughed and giggled on the deck I unpacked the kitchen and ate some sugar cookie bars.
Gotta keep some of these stocked for finals week. They are delicious!