The weather is turning cold and sweaters and hot cocoa always seem to sound good. Grilling in the cold weather might seem like more of a warm weather, summer kind of thing but for grill lovers it could bring on a season of depression and grill withdrawals. But not anymore! Let's get grilling!
Disclosure: We always recommend products we use ourselves. This post may contain affiliate links which do not cost you anything.
Electric, Propane, Charcoal or Gas?
What type of grill should you use for cold weather grilling? You've got several choices: electric, propane or gas.
- Hamilton Beach Indoor Grill: We've used this grill in the past and love it. It has removable plates, a viewing window and includes the ability to cook up to six servings at one time. At $79, this grill is the perfect gift for a grill lover!
- George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill: This grill makes up to 12 servings and is perfect for using indoors or outdoors.
- Weber Indoor Grill: Weber has been a well known brand in grilling and also has an indoor grill that mimics your outdoor grill.
Propane, Gas, or Charcoal Grill
When you head outside make sure you dress warm! Gloves, coats and hats are necessary. Be careful with the extra bundles of clothing around a hot grill.
If you're cooking outside, if you can have a preheated plate to put your cooked meat on, it will stop the meat from cooling down too quickly.
Recommended Winter Grilling Foods
There are some fabulous foods you can enjoy grilled in the winter. Some of our favorites are:
- Hot drinks like cider, etc
- Steak, chicken, sausage, brats, pork, lamb, pheasant, quail
- Pumpkin, squash, sweet potatoes, apples, potatoes, pomegranates
Don't forget to try one of these ten amazing grilled winter recipes--all made with five ingredients or less!
- Grilled donuts with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce (Burnt Apple)
- Grilled apples with cardamom (Kitchen Laughter)
- Five Ingredient Grilled Apple Pie (Sunny Anderson)
- Bacon Wrapped Carrots (Backyard Boss)
- Grilled Honey Onion Steaks (Backyard Boss)
- Five Ingredient Flank Steak (Spices in my DNA)
- Five Ingredient Honey Mustard Chicken (Laura Lea Balanced)
- Grilled Garlic and Rosemary Lamb Chops (Delish D'Lites)
- Herb Grilled Quail (D'Artagnan)
- Five Ingredient Grilled Spice Rubbed BBQ Chicken with Winter Vegetables (Burnt Apple)--Coming soon!