Freezing cold and just want a nice bowl of warm soup? This scrumptious five ingredient gluten free chicken noodle soup makes a cold night better with the savory taste of chicken, noodles and spices in every bite!
"Almost every culture has it's own variation on chicken soup, and rightly so-it's one of the most gratifying dishes on the face of the earth." --Yotam Ottolengi
When the weather cools down outside and you start to crave soup, is a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup what you crave first? Today we've got a recipe for a bowl that is ready in about thirty minutes and uses only five ingredients!
- Cooked chicken
- Mixed vegetables--peas, carrots, celery, green beans, onion
- Chicken broth
- Water or cream
- Gluten free egg noodles
- Seasoning (you got me, this is six and you don't need to add it but it adds some flavor to the recipe)
Sides to Serve With Chicken Noodle Soup
Sides are the best part of chicken noodle soup and I'm leaning for bread!
How about a nice crusty piece of toast or bread with butter on it?
In a pinch you could try our two minute gluten free microwave bread!
Or this amazing recipe for copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
For sweet biscuits try these amazing Gluten Free Honeycomb Biscuits with bits of honeycomb in every bite!
Five Ingredient Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (½ cup onion + 1 ½ cup mixed vegetables)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup gluten free egg noodles
- salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, parsley flakes to taste
- In a large saucepan, place chicken, vegetables, chicken broth, water and seasonings. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes more.
- Add the gluten free egg noodles and cook for 7-9 minutes, or until noodles are cooked.
- Season with additional seasoning if desired. Serve warm.