Enjoy some cranberry stuffed apples with brown sugar and spices! A delicious healthier winter treat! Just a couple hundred calories or less per apple and oh so warm and delicious! (gluten free, dairy free, nut free option, soy free, vegan, vegetarian)
Ingredients in Stuffed Apples
All you need are some common ingredients to make these homemade and delicious apples!
- Brown Sugar
- Walnuts (optional)
Once you mix together the cinnamon, sugar and cranberries we suggest cooking your in the oven so they are cooked and ready in about thirty minutes or less!
Another way to cook them is in your slow cooker. Place them in your slow cooker at the start of your event and they will be ready in 1-3 hours depending on the heat!
- Lower Calorie version: Use low calorie orange juice and low calorie brown sugar or coconut sugar.
- Dairy Free: Use dairy free whipped cream or dairy free vanilla ice cream for topping (optional)
There are so many different baked apple recipes available. But one of our favorite slow cooker fruit recipes this time of year are our slow cooker butterscotch pears!
If you love cranberries, I also have some delicious cranberry recipes too!
Or how about a nice cranberry infused drink? This one is perfect as it uses some of the same ingredients in this stuffed apple recipe!
this is one of my favorites. An old recipe but a good one, it does have more than five ingredients but is oh so delicious! Cranberry and white chocolate chips? So good and perfect for cold weather!!
You can also search through some of our other amazing cranberry recipes!
Cranberry Stuffed Apples with Brown Sugar
- 4 whole apples
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh or dried cranberries
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon chopped walnuts optional
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch pan and set aside.
- Peel the top ⅓ of the apple, then core, leaving the bottom of the apple so you can fill it with filling.
- In a small bowl, stir together the orange juice, cranberries, cinnamon, sugar and walnuts (if using)
- Pour the cranberry mixture evenly into each apple.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for five minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream and ice cream if desired.