These delicious and easy quinoa waffles are perfect for breakfast and give you that extra protein boost in the morning.
It's post Easter and I need to detox. I also need to get back to eating right again. I've slowly noticed the weight creeping back on as my eating habits have slid. Back to work! (Because once you get older and your metabolism and gravity start working against you do you EVER get a break anymore? It used to be so EASY!!)
I know this probably seems a little deja vu. I've posted recipes for molasses quinoa waffles and quinoa multigrain waffles (still one of my favorites!) in the past. I've also shared higher protein breakfast options including apple cinnamon high protein waffles, banana pecan protein pancakes, 3 ingredient power protein pancakes, and our high protein waffle egg breakfast.
Today I'm combining quinoa and protein sources in one easy to make waffle. It's gluten free and its' gotenough protein to keep you satisfied until lunchtime. These are also easily made up and then frozen for a quick and easy breakfast.
- 1 cup cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1 cup cottage cheese or greek yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp honey or agave
- 4 eggs (decrease to 3 eggs if using greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a blender, mix together all ingredients until smooth.
- spray waffle iron with non stick cooking spray or brush with oil or butter.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup of batter onto each waffle iron.
- Close waffle iron, allow waffle to cook for several minutes (or until steam stops rising from waffle iron). Open waffle iron quickly to prevent sticking.
- Serve topped with berries or fruit, agave or maple syrup.
Recipe inspired by A Baker's Wife
Leave a Reply