Treating your furry friend to homemade delights doesn't have to be complicated. These 3-ingredient dog treat are easy to make and sure to get tails wagging with delight. Let's dive into crafting these simple and healthy treats for your beloved canine companion.
These 3 ingredient dog treat are simple and easy to make. You just need a few ingredients including:
- A container of pureed baby food
- whole wheat flour or oat flour
- carob or yogurt coating chips (optional)
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
- Measure out your puree, egg and flour.
Step 2: Prepare the Dough
- In a mixing bowl, combine the puree and egg until thoroughly mixed.
- Gradually add the flour to the mixture, stirring until a dough-like consistency forms.
Step 3: Shape the Treats
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and use cookie cutters or shape them by hand into desired shapes.
Step 4: Bake to Perfection
- Place the shaped treats onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20-30 minutes or until the treats are golden brown and firm to the touch.
Step 5: Cool and Store
- Allow the treats to cool completely before offering them to your furry friend.
- Store the treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks or freeze for longer shelf life.
These dog treats can be stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to one month.
You will want to have a rolling pin and some extra flour for rolling out the dog treats.
Absolutely! However, oat flour tends to be more easily digestible and is a good option for dogs with sensitive stomachs or gluten intolerances.
You can use sweet potato, apple, chicken puree, carrot, green beans or a combination of different purees.
The number of treats depends on the size and thickness of the shapes. On average, this recipe yields around 20-30 treats.
Absolutely! Finely grated apples or carrots can be added to the dough for added flavor and nutrients, just ensure they're dog-friendly.
Not at all! Feel free to shape the treats by hand or use a knife to cut them into squares if cookie cutters aren't available.
3 Ingredient Dog Treat Recipe
- Rolling Pin
- 1 4 ounce container pureed baby food make sure it is dog safe--we used chicken and sweet potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup carob or yogurt coating chips optional
- In a bowl, stir together the baby food, egg, and flour. You will need to use your hands to knead the dough into a ball. If needed, add water one teaspoon at a time to help the dough form.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet then set aside.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to ¼ inch thickness to use cookie cutters, or roll the dough into ropes to form a pretzel or braid.
- Place the treats on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes depending on thickness of cookies.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool.
- If desired, melt the carob or yogurt chips and dip the cooled cookies. Sprinkle with sprinkles or other dog friendly edible decorations if desired. Allow carob or yogurt coating chips to set before feeding treats.
Recipe adapted from DivasCanCook.com