It's time for dessert! Look no further than this Wingers Asphalt Pie! This delicious dessert is a crowd-pleaser that's guaranteed to satisfy any sweet tooth. It's an easy and simple recipe too with just four ingredients AND it can be made gluten free and dairy free too! Vegans and vegetarians can even enjoy it too!
Ingredients needed for the recipe
Before you start baking, it's essential to gather all the ingredients you'll need to make Wingers Asphalt Pie. Here's a list of everything you'll need:
- Gluten free Oreo pie crust
- Mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Caramel sauce
- Whipped cream (optional)
Now that you've gathered all your ingredients, it's time to start baking! Here's a step-by-step guide on how to make your pie:
- Allow the mint chocolate ice cream to soften for several minutes at room temperature.
- Scoop the ice cream into the pie crust and spread evenly.
- Freeze the ice cream and Oreo pie crust in the freezer until solid.
- When ready to serve, allow pie to soften at room temperature for several minutes.
- Cut pie into slices and drizzle with caramel sauce and top with whipped cream if desired.
Tips for a successful baking experience
- Use a high-quality pie crust. A good pie crust will make all the difference in the final product.
- Use a high quality mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- See notes for making a gluten free, dairy free and vegan version.
Serving suggestions and presentation ideas
Wingers Asphalt Pie is delicious on its own, but here are some serving suggestions and presentation ideas that will take your dessert to the next level:
- Top the pie with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or fresh berries.
- Use a decorative pie dish to make your dessert even more visually appealing.
- Cut the pie into small pieces and serve it as part of a dessert platter.
Making the pie gluten free and dairy free
Simple make our gluten free Oreo pie crust recipe and place in a pie pan. Then follow the instructions in the recipe.
Use dairy free mint chocolate chip ice cream and dairy free caramel sauce and whipped topping.
Make sure to use vegan based dairy free ingredients to make this recipe vegan! When making your Oreo pie crust, make sure you use a dairy free butter!
Frequently asked questions
Can I make the Oreo pie crust ahead of time?
Absolutely! This pie crust can be made ahead of time easily and stored in the fridge or freezer.
Can I freeze the pie?
Yes, you can freeze the pie for up to two months. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
Can I use a different ice cream flavor?
Wingers Asphalt Pie
- 1 whole Oreo pie crust
- 1 half gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- 1 can whipped topping
- Allow the mint chocolate ice cream to soften for several minutes at room temperature. Scoop the ice cream into the pie crust and spread evenly. Freeze the ice cream and Oreo pie crust in the freezer until solid. When ready to serve, allow pie to soften at room temperature for several minutes. Cut pie into slices and drizzle with caramel sauce and top with whipped cream if desired.