Warm bread spread with a sweet and tangy strawberry butter. This copycat Magnolia Table strawberry butter recipe includes a dairy free version too!
Watching Discovery + has become my new evening go to as I work at the computer. Joanna Gaines Magnolia Table has been one show that I've been rotating watching along with some of my other favorites shows. Joanna's strawberry butter recipe caught my eye one night while searching for recipes. With it getting closer to Valentine's Day, this sounded like it would be amazing on a warm slice of bread!
Substitutions and Recommendations:
What Bread is Recommended?
You can use your favorite bread with this recipe. A fresh slice of homemade bread sounds amazing! I've also used gluten free, whole grain, white, wheat, paleo and keto bread as well.
What Dairy Free Butter Do You Suggest Using?
There really isn't a recommended dairy free butter I would suggest using. I've always used Earth Balance with good results but I've rotated brands as well. One thing to note is that you will notice a difference in texture using the dairy free butter over regular butter. Dairy free butter doesn't usually get that nice light and fluffy appearance after whipping like regular butter does. The taste is still amazing though, and you can give it a little more of that texture by adding a bit of cornstarch or arrowroot powder. I made sure to note that in the recipe.
The Recipe Says to Cook the Strawberries?
Yes, you will want to follow the directions and cook the strawberries on the stovetop. This isn't something you will want to skimp and it won't taste the same if you don't.
Where Can I Find More Recipes?
Like this recipe? Sign up to receive more of our popular copycat recipes made with allergy friendly substitutions! You'll receive FIVE exclusive allergy friendly copycat recipes--one each day! We've got more strawberry recipes on our website! Or try this delicious strawberry ricotta cake!
Magnolia Table Dairy Free Strawberry Butter Recipe
- 1 cup dairy free butter softened and room temperature*
- 2 teaspoon dairy free whipping cream*
- 2 cup strawberries chopped
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- 1-2 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. (The mixture will begin to resemble a syrup)
- Remove from heat and allow the strawberry mixture to cool to room temperature. Once mixture is cooled, mix the butter and milk together. Add the cooled strawberries and fold them in. If desired, you can blend in 1-2 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder when mixing the butter for a thicker texture.
Recipe Adapted from Magnolia Table