Bite into one of the most flavorful salads you'll have all summer! Watermelon feta pasta and arugula enjoy a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette on top! (Gluten free option, nut free, soy free, coconut free)
You only need a few ingredients for this delicious salad!
- Diced Watermelon
- Feta Cheese
- Cooked Penne Pasta
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
Assembling Watermelon Feta Pasta Salad
This is one of the simplest meals to assemble! In a bowl toss together your watermelon, arugula, pasta and feta cheese. Top with feta cheese and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
Other Options To Add to The Salad
Turn this salad into a meal! You can add some diced cooked chicken, turkey, steak, pork or even some plant based meat.
The salad will store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one to two days. The salad is best served fresh.
Spice it Up!
You can add some other ingredients to the salad if you would like including:
- Diced red onion
- Lemon zest or lemon juice
Picking a Watermelon
Picking a watermelon has always been a tough one. Here are some tips for making it much easier!
- The darker the watermelon, the riper the watermelon
- The stem should be dark but not green. A green stem means it's not ripe.
- Knock on it! If it sounds hollow, it's a ripe watermelon!
- Bee stings! I have a niece who says the more bee stings, the more ripe the watermelon.
Salad Lovers Raise Your Hands! Here's More Great Salads!
Summer and salad just go perfect together! If you love this salad, dig your fork into some of these other amazing summer salads!
Watermelon Feta Pasta Salad with Gluten free Option
- 8 cups arugula
- 1 cup penne pasta, cooked
- ½-1 cup feta cheese
- 1-2 cups watermelon, diced
- balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place approximately two cups of arugula on each plate. Layer with ¼ cup penne pasta, ⅛-1/4 cup feta cheese, and ¼-1/2 cups watermelon. Drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette. Serve.