High protein pancakes made with gluten free chocolate protein pancake mix and topped with your favorite hot cocoa ingredients! Under five ingredients and ready in just minutes! (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Soy Free, Nut Free, Egg Free)
You need just a few ingredients to make these delicious pancakes!
- Protein Pancake Mix
- Water, Milk or Dairy Free Milk
- Marshmallows, Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Syrup, Whipped Cream for Topping
How to Make:
In a bowl, just stir the protein pancake mix and liquid together. Cook the pancakes then top with your favorite hot cocoa ingredients! You can omit the toppings for a healthier protein pancake.
The prepared pancakes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several days or you can store them in a Ziploc bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to a month.
What type of protein powder you use is totally up to you. I personally usually use unflavored collagen protein powder in most of my recipes because the kids can't taste it. So for me it's a great way to sneak in some extra protein.
For this recipe, I used Naked Nutrition Hot Cocoa Protein Shake. It's pea protein based so it's plant based, vegan and gluten free.
Gluten Free Hot Cocoa Pancakes
- ¾ cup protein pancake mix https://burntapple.com/gluten-free-protein-pancake-mix/
- ¼-1/3 cup water, non dairy milk or milk
- Chocolate syrup, marshmallows, chocolate chips, whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Preheat griddle to medium heat. While the griddle is heating, mix together the pancake mix and water or milk until smooth. Depending on the protein you are using, additional liquid may need to be added a tablespoon at a time. See video for desired consistency.
- Drop ¼ cup of pancake batter onto the griddle, leaving several inches of space between to allow for pancakes to expand. Cook for several minutes until edges of pancake are cooked, then flip and cook for several minutes on the other side until pancake is cooked through thoroughly and lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Place pancakes on plate and top with desired toppings.
This post was a paid collaboration with Naked Nutrition. All opinions are my own.
Pancake Pedestal Courtesy Details Comforts for the Home
Sifter Courtesy Lola Mae Vintage Salt Washed Co.
Leave a Reply