Homemade Almond Butter Chips (Homemade Peanut Butter Chips Too!)
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 3-4 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch or flour
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a bowl mix ingredients together until smooth. You will want the mixture to have a frosting like consistency.
- Place the mixture in a small Ziploc container and snip off one small corner (¼ inch) of the bag. Pipe dots onto a piece of waxed paper. When finished, place paper into the freezer and freeze until set. Once frozen, transfer the chips into an airtight container to store. Store in the freezer until ready to use.
- Store until the moment you are ready to use them as they melt quickly.
These look great! Can I use cacao butter as a direct substitute for better stability at room temperature?
Yes, you absolutely could try cacao butter. At the time of writing it, cacao butter was really hard to find where I live but I think it would work well. Let me know how it goes!