Delicious kids chocolate trail mix is perfect for long car rides, school lunches or hikes!
Ten hours there. Ten hours back. I've driven the road from Salt Lake City to Southern California more times than I can count. But with three kids?
You need snacks. And movies. And books. And activities. And patience. Lot's and lot's of patience.
Patience doesn't last ten hours. But it would be nice if it did. Especially when one child has to go to the bathroom in the middle of the desert with no rest stop in sight for 100 miles.
This time around we brought some fun kid friendly chocolate trail mix. It can save the world. Or three grumpy kids from breaking out in war against each other in a car. Road trips are the only time I don't curse the minivan. One row for each child. Note to everyone considering a minivan everywhere: Minivans do NOT eliminate fights.
But this chocolate lovers trail mix will. Chocolate trail mix saves the world. For a few minutes.
- 1 cup multigrain cereal (like Cheerios), or gluten free cereal
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup nuts (mixed, peanuts, sunflower, almonds, etc)
- 2 cups M&M's, chocolate chips or Sunspire chocolate candies
- 1 cup peanut butter chips (optional--omit for peanut allergies)
- 1 cup whole grain pretzels (or gluten free)
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients together. Serve immediately or arrange in individual packages. Serves 10. Store in an airtight ziploc bag or container for up to one week.
Leave a Reply