Looking for a yummy dessert? Look no further than this decadent Fluffy Peanut Butter White Chocolate Fluffernutter Recipe. Ready in just minutes, it's an addictive sweet and savory combo! (gluten free version, dairy free version, egg free, nut free, soy free, vegetarian vegan version)Jump to Recipe
What is Peanut Butter White Chocolate Fluffernutter?
Fluffernutter is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that combines the rich sweetness of white chocolate, the nutty flavor of peanut butter, and the light and fluffy texture of toasted marshmallows. I'll show you how to make this mouthwatering treat in just a few simple steps.
Isn't this recipe known as ritz crack?
Yes, you may hear this recipe called fluffernutter ritz crack. I've also heard it called gluten free Christmas crack too. Christmas crack is a more toffee based treat with chocolate chips, and a toffee base covering saltine crackers.
Candy crack is made by layering crackers onto a baking sheet, then topping it with a candy mixture and chocolate. You put the candy mixture into the oven and bake it, then take it out of the oven. Once it cools, you break or crack it into bite sized pieces.
Gather Your Ingredients
To make this tasty fluffernutter recipe, you'll need peanut butter, white chocolate chips, large marshmallows, and graham crackers, saltine crackers or Ritz crackers. All of these ingredients can be found at your local grocery store or online. Once you've collected all of your ingredients, it's time to start making this delicious treat!
How Do I Substitute Gluten Free or Vegan Ingredients?
This recipe is SO adaptable and easy to switch out ingredients that fit your lifestyle.
- Gluten Free: Use gluten free saltine, ritz crackers or graham crackers.
- For Vegan and Dairy Free: Use vegan marshmallows and dairy free white chocolate chips.
Instructions for Making Peanut Butter White Chocolate Fluffernutter Recipe:
Get out your crackers!
Put a layer of Ritz crackers, saltine crackers or graham crackers on a lined baking sheet. Remember you can easily substitute gluten free crackers here. This recipe is super sweet already so I toned the sweetness down by using gluten free saltines. But you can go with graham crackers too!
Drizzle your peanut butter mixture on top!
After you layer your crackers in a lined baking sheet, you will drizzle with a delicious peanut butter frosting.
Top with marshmallows
Next you will top the mixture with large marshmallows.
Get the mixture baking!
Now that you have all that delicious peanut butter and marshmallow mixture ready to go, place it in the oven at 400 degrees for several minutes until the marshmallows become a nice golden brown.
Remove the sheet from the oven and use parchment paper to press the marshmallows down.
add the white chocolate chips
It's time for some chocolate chips to complete the flavor combination of the peanut butter white chocolate and marshmallow mixture! Just sprinkle some white chocolate chips over the entire mixture and place it back in the oven for no longer than three minutes.
Remove the mixture again from the oven and take a knife or spoon and evenly spread the white chocolate evenly over the mixture. Allow the mixture to cool.
Once the mixture is cooled you can break it into pieces and store.
You can store the candy in an airtight container at room temperature for several days (if it lasts that long!) This recipe doesn't freeze or refrigerate well unfortunately. Make sure you separate each layer of candy with waxed paper for best results.
I've got Questions!
Can I Half the Recipe?
Absolutely, you can totally scale down the recipe to make less (or eat less)--maybe!
Can I Substitute Peanut Butter?
Absolutely! You can use almond butter, sunflower butter, nut free butter, or even tahini if you like. If you want to experiment with milk chocolate or dark chocolate you can do that too!
What About Salt?
You can add some flaky sea salt if you would like too. All you need to do is sprinkle some flaky sea salt on the melted and spread white chocolate prior to it cooling.
Other Recipes Using Peanut Butter White Chocolate!
If you LOVE the combination of peanut butter mixed with white chocolate you should try our peanut butter white chocolate no bake cookies! They are one of my favorites and are also made with under five ingredients. Best of all they are ready to eat in MINUTES!
Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Fluffernutter
- Ritz crackers, saltines, or graham crackers
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- large marshmallows
- 2 12 oz bags white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the crackers in a single layer on the cookie sheet. In a separate bowl, beat together the powdered sugar and peanut butter until fluffy and smooth. Remove and place in the microwave. Heat at 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval until the mixture is pourable.
- Drizzle the peanut butter mixture evenly over the crackers. Don't worry if it's not perfectly even, it will spread out while you are baking.
- Arrange the marshmallows in rows over the crackers and peanut butter mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for several minutes until the marshmallows are nicely browned. Remove from oven and press the tops of the marshmallows with lightly greased parchment paper to flatten and level. Sprinkle with white chocolate chips and place in the oven until the white chocolate chips take on a glossy look. (about 3-5 minutes) Remove from oven and spread the chocolate evenly over the marshmallows with a knife or back of a spoon.
- Allow candy to cool completely before breaking into pieces.