Delicious chocolate chip dog shaped pancakes made with five ingredients! Use a dog shaped skillet for gorgeous shaped pancakes. Don't forget the chocolate chips! (gluten free option, dairy free option, nut free, egg free, soy free, coconut free, vegan, vegetarian, FODMAP)
We have several recipes that I rotate between using for this recipe. Today I will be using our five ingredient pancake mix but you are welcome to change it up by using any of the alternative recipes below!
This recipe is a classic. It takes a little more time to make but it's perfect for a morning like Sundays when you have a little extra time!
I like adding a little extra protein to the kids diet sometimes and this is a tasty and easy way to do it! And it's only five ingredients!
Dog Shaped Pancake Mold
We used a dog shaped pancake mold that is more like a skillet. Just make sure that you spray it really well and have another pan heating. When it's time to flip the pancake, I just flip it into the extra pan so it cooks the other side.WonderTreats Dog Pancake Mix and Skillet
*Contains affiliate links
Gluten Free Pancake Mix with Dog Shaped Skillet Pancakes
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ¼-1 ½ cup milk
- 1 whole egg
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips optional
- Preheat your pans on medium heat. Grease prior to placing batter inside to cook.
- In a bowl, stir together all ingredients. Fill dog shaped skillet approximately ½ way full. Allow to cook until edges are formed and lightly browned. Flip the pancake onto your other lightly greased pan to finish cooking. Remove when pancake is lightly browned on the other side and center is cooked. Remove from heat and allow to cool or place on plate and serve.
- Blueberry: Add about ¼-½ cup blueberries to the batter prior to baking.
- Chocolate Chip: Add ½ cup chocolate chips to the batter
- Lemon: Add zest of one lemon to the batter
- Cinnamon: Add 1 tsp cinnamon to the batter
- Cinnamon Apple: Add 1 tsp cinnamon and ¼-½ cup thinly diced apple to the batter
- Egg: Substitute egg replacer
- Milk: You can use dairy free milk
- Chocolate Chips: You can use dairy free or other allergen friendly chocolate chips
- Butter: Dairy free butter can be substituted
Does Your Child Love Dogs?
Grab some of our other fun dog themed parties and treats!
Dog (Only) Breakfast Treats!
And don't forget the ACTUAL dogs in your family! We have lot's of dog breakfast items to allow them to enjoy with their humans too!