A delicious baked donut with fresh blackberries in every bite! This recipe only uses five ingredients! (Gluten free, dairy free, egg free, nut free, soy free, vegan, vegetarian)
Made From Scratch
Our blackberry donuts are made from scratch! They contain fresh blackberry puree which turns the donuts a beautiful purple color. The donuts are topped with a sweet blackberry frosting. The donuts are then fresh baked making them a healthier sweet treat!
The ingredient list is pretty short too! All you need is:
- Self rising flour
- Blackberry puree
- Powdered sugar
That's only FIVE ingredients!
Making the Puree
The puree is simple and easy to make. Just place blackberries in a blender and puree until smooth. Then use the puree in the recipe as directed.
An Easy Glaze
The glaze on these donuts is very east to make too. You just need to add some powdered sugar to the blackberry puree and then lightly dip each donut in the glaze.
I like using a silicone mold. I found mine on Amazon but kitchen supply stores usually have baked donut molds as well.
Self Rising Flour
To make the self rising flour, here are some great recipes to use:
Five Ingredient Blackberry Donut
- 1 ½ cup self rising flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk can substitute dairy free
- ¼ cup blackberry puree
For the Frosting
- ⅓ cup blackberry puree
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl stir together the self rising flour, sugar, milk and puree until smooth.
- Lightly grease the donut pans, then pour batter into the donut pans, filling halfway. Bake at 350 degrees for for 15-17 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool in pan for several minutes, then remove donuts from mold and place on cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
To Make The Frosting
- Stir together the puree and powdered sugar. Dip the tops of the donuts in the glaze, then place on a cooling rack to allow glaze to set.