This effortlessly beautiful summer salsa and brie bruschetta is made with fresh watermelon jicama salsa from Sam's Salsa, brie and toasted bruschetta. (GF, DF, EF, SF, NF, V, VEGAN)Jump to Recipe Jump to Video
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is basically grilled bread with toppings. Traditional bruschetta comes from Italy. There are many, many variations of bruschetta but it often is topped with tomatoes. Today's version balances the sweet heat of salsa and offsets it with a savory cheese.
This recipe just needs a few simple ingredients!
- Baguette--gluten free or traditional baguette
- Salsa--we suggest more of a fruity salsa for this recipe but you absolutely could use a traditional salsa too. We used a beautiful watermelon jicama summer salsa from Sam's Salsa, but a mango or strawberry salsa would also taste amazing! Sam's Salsa can be found at Shoprite, Acme and Safeway.
- Cheese--A savory brie or sweet mascarpone would be the perfect addition. If you are going dairy free, stick with a dairy free cream cheese. In a pinch, I think traditional cream cheese would also work.
What Drinks Would You Serve With This Bruschetta?
What Kinds of Foods Pair Well with Bruschetta?
How to Store Bruschetta
This recipe is best served fresh. We suggest making it up and serving it as soon as possible.
See How Easy It is To Make!
Watermelon Jicama Salsa and Brie Summer Bruschetta
- 1 whole baguette can substitute gluten free
- 4 tbsp brie, cream or mascarpone cheese can substitute dairy free
- 4 tbsp summer salsa--watermelon jicama, strawberry, mango, etc.
- Heat broiler. Slice baguette lengthwise and into individual slices. Toast bread under broiler until browned. Remove from oven and allow bread to cool.
- Spread bread with cheese, then top with a tablespoon of salsa. Serve immediately.
Love This Recipe and Want More?
- 30 Minute Five Ingredient Sheet Pan Chicken Bruschetta by BurntApple
- Breakfast Bruschetta by Life as a Strawberry
- Rustic Summer Bruschetta by The Foodie Physician