If you're looking for a delicious, last-minute dessert to wow your guests, look no further than these golden Oreo cupcakes. With its sweet and creamy layers of chocolate cake, Oreo cookies and fluffy frosting, this is sure to be a crowd favorite.
Making Golden Oreo Cupcakes
Golden Oreo Cupcakes are a type of cupcake that are made using Golden Oreos. The cupcakes are typically made by blending crushed Golden Oreos into the batter and also using them as a garnish on top. Some recipe variations may call for additional ingredients such as cream cheese or vanilla pudding to add flavor and texture.
Gather the ingredients
To make these delicious golden Oreo cupcakes you’ll need the following ingredients: 1 yellow cake mix, 1 package golden oreos with chocolate inside, 1 small jar marshmallow cream, and chocolate frosting.
Additionally, you may need frosting of your choice for decorating the cupcakes. Now let’s get baking!
Preheat and prep the oven
start preparing the ingredients, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake tin. Grease the cupcake tin or line it with cupcake liners and set aside. Now that you’re ready to start baking, let’s move on to the next step!
Make the cupcake batter
Prepare the cupcake batter according to package directions. Mix well for 2-3 minutes until batter is blended well.
Place Oreos at the bottom of each cupcake casing
To create the perfect Oreo-stuffed cupcakes, top each cupcake casing with two Golden Oreos in the middle. Then carefully spoon the batter overtop of the Oreos to completely cover them. Bake for 17-20 minutes at 350°F and let cool before topping with frosting and extra chopped oreos.
Bake and cool before serving and decorating!
Once your cupcakes are done baking, let them cool completely before cutting into them and serving. You can also add some extra decorations like sprinkles or more Oreo crumble to the tops of your cupcakes for a festive look. If you are looking for an even easier option, feel free to use store-bought frosting or decorations. Enjoy!
Why We Love These Cupcakes!
This weekend brought a neighborhood potluck filled with a water balloon toss, tug of war and field games. I was also busy making dinner for our friends who just welcomed another baby boy into their family. Since they introduced us to Golden Oreos (with chocolate insides) during our camping trip this summer, I decided to combine a dessert that they loved but could also easily bring to a potluck.
These Golden Oreo Cupcakes are perfect!! It's a yellow cake topped with chocolate frosting and filled with plenty of Golden Oreos! Its the perfect Oreo recipe!
Delicious Tasting Cupcakes
One of the desserts that graces my husband's top favorites would be a classic yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Combined with the taste of the Golden Oreo, I had a potluck/dessert favorite for my friends.
A delicious combination of chocolate and yellow cake filled with Golden Oreos! These Golden Oreo Cupcakes are sure to be a hit!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg Golden Oreos with chocolate inside
- 1 small jar marshmallow cream
- Recipe for chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make up cake mix according to package directions. Crush 5 Golden Oreos finely and mix in with cupcake batter. Pour 2 tablespoons of cupcake batter into lightly greased muffin cups. Take 1 Golden Oreo and break in half. Place on top of the cake batter in the muffin cup, then place approximately 2 teaspoons of marshmallow cream on top of the cookie. Pour cupcake batter on top of the cookie/marshmallow mix until muffin cup is approximately ¾ full. (Do NOT fill more than ¾ full). If using a Texas muffin sized pan, you will want to pour a thin amount of cupcake batter over the first set of cookie/marshmallow cream mixture and then use an additional layer of broken cookie and marshmallow cream before using cupcake batter to fill the cupcake batter to ¾ full.
- Bake cupcakes for approximately 18 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove from oven, allow muffins to cool completely before frosting.
- Top each cupcake with chocolate frosting, than top with crushed Golden Oreo crumbs. To garnish, press a half of a Golden Oreo into the top of the cupcake. Enjoy!
For the Frosting:
½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine ⅔ cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa 3 cups powdered sugar ⅓ cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
Recipe originally posted August 2010
These look SO SO delicious! I havent seen the golden oreos before, but have made chocolate oreo cupcakes once before that were lovely.
Looks delicious! Think we can manage to get past the preservatives and lack of cooking from scratch on this one! 🙂
Hey! Thanks for the pingback 🙂