S'mores dessert are a classic campfire treat, beloved by both kids and adults alike. But what if you don't have a campfire or simply want to enjoy this delicious treat in the comfort of your own home? That's where the tin foil s'more dessert comes in!
This twist on the classic s'more is made by wrapping all the ingredients in tin foil and baking them in the oven. Not only is it easy to make, but it's also a great way to enjoy this classic treat year-round.
History of S'mores Dessert
Last summer at an outdoor BBQ party with some of our close friends, we were introduced to a new way of making s'mores dessert. Once we made them this way, we never went back to trying to roasting marshmallows over an open fire for s'mores again. The chocolate melts perfectly, the marshmallow turns golden to perfection, and the graham cracker retains it's crispy exterior. It's the perfect summer dessert.
To make tin foil s'mores dessert, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate chips or chocolate bars
- Mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Take a large sheet of tin foil and lay it out flat on a baking sheet.
- Break the graham crackers into small pieces and spread them out on the tin foil.
- Scatter the chocolate chips or chocolate bars on top of the graham crackers.
- Add a layer of mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
- Cut a few small pieces of butter and distribute them evenly over the top of the marshmallows.
- Close the tin foil around the ingredients, making sure it's sealed tightly.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the marshmallows are melted and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and carefully open the tin foil. Be careful, as the dessert will be hot!
- Use a spoon to scoop out the s'more mixture and serve immediately.
Customizing Your S'mores Dessert
One of the great things about this recipe is that it's easily customizable. You can add extra ingredients like peanut butter, Nutella, or sliced bananas to make it even more delicious.
Tin foil s'more dessert is a great option for parties or family gatherings. It's easy to make in large batches, and everyone can customize their own by adding their favorite ingredients.
If you're looking for a fun and easy way to enjoy s'mores year-round, give this recipe a try. It's a delicious twist on a classic treat that everyone will love.
Warning: Expressions like this will be common when eating these:
More S'Mores Recipes!
Photos courtesy Burntapple.com/Canva.com
deb in Georgia
I'm sure your way is delicious but to me a s'more isn't a s'more without that over the fire roasted marshmallow!"