Enjoy a crispy grilled donut bun with melted cheese and glaze oozing out of every bite. This amazing recipe is straight from Disney World and is ready in under five minutes from the comfort of your home kitchen!
This sandwiches whole goal is to erupt a sweet and salty explosion of melted glaze and cheese in your mouth with the classic crunch of a grilled cheese you know and love.
And it wouldn't be right to not include a shoutout to everyone's favorite mouse. I have loved that Disney World has posted so many of their park favorite recipes throughout quarantine. The grilled cheese donut from Everglaze (appropriately named The Grilled Cheeeeeese) has topped the list of favorites for many Disney World foodies and those who have visited the park.
Does Disney World Offer a Gluten Free Grilled Cheese Donut?
Unfortunately, Disney World doesn't make a gluten free version of this favorite in the park. But you can make it in under five minutes from the comfort of your home using this recipe!
What Type of Gluten Free Donuts Should I Use For This Recipe?
We used Katz gluten free donuts, but Kinnikinnik gluten free donuts work great too. From other descriptions of the grilled cheese donut, there are two versions the store makes: one that uses a regular cake style donut that reviewers mentioned had the taste of a King's Hawaiian bun, and the other a glazed donut. I believe that Katz has a cake donut if you don't want to go as sweet, but I really enjoyed the sweet and salty combination!
What Other Disney Gluten Free Recipes Could I Try?
- Gluten free Beignets
- Gluten Free Disneyland Churros
- Gluten Free Mickey Waffles
- Flourless Chocolate Cake
Copycat Disney World Gluten Free Grilled Cheese Donut
- 4 gluten free cake or glazed donuts
- 16 slices organic American cheese (we used Horizon organic)
- Heat a grill or pan to medium high heat. Slice donuts crosswise.
- Place the donuts cut side down onto the grill or pan. Heat until browned. Flip the bottom side of the donut up and arrange four slices of cheese. Top with the other top of the donut. Cover and allow cheese to melt.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.