These simple and easy peanut butter pudding cookies are delicious and full of peanut butter goodness!!
38 candles. In a cupcake. I didn't EVER think we could get this old. I remember making fun of my parents when they were in their late 30's. And now karma is here and alive and kicking me in the butt.
This is what 38 candles in a cupcake looks like in case you weren't able to make out what the food underneath all the candles is.
This is what it looks like when you light 38 candles on fire.
And...give it a minute....this!
Kudos to the guy blowing out the candles behind the scenes. He's not had it too easy since meeting me. But I thank him for his patience and understanding in everything that goes on in my life behind the scenes. There is a lot of stress, heart ache and tears mixed with fun moments too and he has been so patient through all of the adjustments our family is going through.
But sometimes it can be too much. So we make sure to burn off some of that energy and aggression.
This weekend we chose go kart racing. we won't talk about my performance. My driving a go kart is NO comparison for how I drive a real car. I disappointed myself. I am a crazy driver and that did not reflect on the go kart circuit this weekend. My little guy did great though! His times are getting better. My boyfriend beat everyone but I can't believe that my son now creams me. And he is now almost as tall as me but that's just too hard to think about right now. Baby steps. Maybe by the time HE is turning 38 it will have sunk in he's taller than me.
After the whirlwind weekend it was cookie time!! This time of year I always feel like I am making some sort of treat for someone.
The kids were craving cookies and I had forgotten some of the cooking making ingredients at the store. So I opted for option 2 so I didn't have to go back to the store just to buy the flour I forgot. Option 2 was raid the cupboards and make it work.
Luckily I had just enough ingredients in the cupboard to make these so we went for it. They were absolutely delicious!! These peanut butter pudding cookies are amazingly good and have the wonderful flavor of peanut butter and a hint of vanilla in each bite. And they are only three ingredients!!!
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix (we used Jello natural vanilla pudding)
- 1 large egg
- Sanding/sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, pudding mix and egg until smooth.
- Roll dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on cookie sheet. Press down lightly with the tines of the fork into the cookie to make a criss cross pattern. Lightly dust with sanding or sparkling sugar.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before moving cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate
Leave a Reply