It's Thanksgiving and it's time to bring in some fall flavors! If you're looking to take a small break from everything pumpkin I highly suggest these amazing apple cider caramel snickerdoodles! All the wonderful flavors of fall in one easy to make cookie!
While I am NOT a pumpkin quitter and enjoy the plethera of pumpkin popping up at stores everywhere, sometimes I like to take a break and allow fall's other favorite flavor--apple--to take a front row.
These apple cider caramel snickerdoodles make me happy. They taste amazing and have a nice hint of apple, spices, and caramel in every bite.
Speaking of apple, I am SO happy with this combination. If you're looking for a non dairy whipped cream, Reddi Wip has come to the rescue. These new non dairy versions were available at Target and it's delicious! If you can't find them close to you, So Delicious Coco Whip is my next favorite. But for me, this year it's all about the can. My kids love having their own can of whipped cream every year for their pies. This year I get my own can and I'm so excited! And to top off my pies, I've got a delicious Raised Gluten Free Dutch Apple Pie I found in stores. My pie was only $5.99. I can't believe it's $35 online!
my sister watched my kids for me this weekend and she brought this stuff. It's a new non dairy creamer called NutPods and it is so good! I drank a little bit of it straight and then used it in some baking and I think that I like it as a non dairy alternative for baking. Much more of a milk like consistency. I'm going to try the plain and substitute it in some of my recipes that call for whipping cream to see how it turns out. Hoping it makes some of my other recipes like chowders have a more creamy consistency too.
In other news I spent $31.88 for a selfie with my daughter at her first job. I was SO excited that she wanted me to come and see her on her last day of work at her first job. She worked in a haunted house and I couldn't get the picture because it was so dark so my boyfriend took it with the flash on so I could get just the right selfie with her. I can't wait for my first job pictures with the other kids!
And I just got Costco's Christmas book in the mail. If you're looking for a great gift for the person who has everything, than look no further than this gift that will only set you back $15,999!! And there's a limit of 10. I had to laugh a little.
And now it's onto cookies again.
Cookies are easy to make. They cost much less than $15,999.
These cookies would be worth $15,999 though.
- 2 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour or gluten free flour mix
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 packets (.74 oz) apple cider drink mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- 1 & ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp apple pie spice (or cinnamon if you don't have apple pie spice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet then set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer cream together the apple cider, butter, caramel sauce and sugar until light and fluffy (approximately 2-3 minutes on medium speed)
- Turn mixer to low and stir in the eggs, then the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Roll dough into tablespoons and thenroll in sugar mixture. Place on a plate. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes or until cookies have a slightly cracked appearance and cookies are thoroughly cooked through.
Leave a Reply