Who doesn't love chocolate ice cream? This blender double chocolate ice cream recipe was the perfect ending to a busy weekend. This recipe is a no churn recipe and is made in minutes!
What is Blender Chocolate Ice Cream?
This recipe requires just a few simple ingredients that you place in a blender. You'll mix everything until smooth and then freeze until solid.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼-½ cup cocoa powder to taste
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place the heavy cream in a blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds to one minute. (If you don't have a blender you can also place the cream in a large mixer and whip for 3-4 minutes until the cream thickens and stiff peaks form).
- Stir in the sweetened condensed mik and cocoa (¼ cup yields a nice chocolatey flavor and ½ gives more of a dark chocolate gelato style flavor)
- Blend for an additional 15-30 seconds or until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour mixture into a bread pan and cover and freeze.
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Serve.
Can I Make This Recipe Vegan and Dairy Free?
Absolutely! You can use our vegan sweetened condensed milk recipe and use it. I've also found Nature's Charm has a good vegan condensed milk too.
There are some great dairy free heavy whipping creams on the market too that you can substitute.
And there are many brands from store brands to name brands that carry dairy free chocolate chips.
A bite of this ice cream for me was worth the rotten stomachache I enjoyed for several hours after trying a bite to make sure that it tasted all right. I'm definetely going to make a dairy free version for me soon! I've already enjoyed making dairy free custard ice cream and in a pinch will take a store brand dairy free ice cream and use this chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream hack! If you're looking for another variation, consider trying cottage cheese ice cream.
Customizing Your Ice Cream
One of the great things about this blender chocolate ice cream recipe is that it can be customized to your liking. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Add in some mix-ins like chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit.
- Top your ice cream with whipped cream, hot fudge, or caramel sauce.
- Add a scoop of protein powder for a boost of protein.
How long does the ice cream need to freeze before it's ready to serve?
The ice cream should be frozen for at least 4 hours, or until it's firm enough to scoop. You can also freeze it overnight for best results.
Can I make this recipe without a blender?
I think the blender is really going to be the best for this recipe to get that smooth and creamy texture. You could try using a food processor or the mixer with the frosting attachment, but it may not yield the same results.
Can I store the ice cream in the freezer for later use?
Yes, you can store the ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a week. Just be sure to let it thaw for a few minutes before serving to soften it up.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can substitute dairy free heavy whipping cream, dairy free sweetened condensed milk, and dairy free chocolate chips.
Can I make this recipe low-carb?
Absolutely! Just substitute sugar free sweetened condensed milk and sugar free chocolate chips.