Looking for a delicious and easy to make summer treat? Check out these dairy free chocolate creamies popsicles. Perfect for a hot day, these popsicles will help you cool off and satisfy your sweet tooth at the same time! (Dairy free, gluten free, vegan version, vegetarian version, FODMAP friendly)
Making Creamies Chocolate Popsicles
Are you a fan of this favorite summer time treat? Creamies are a deliciously creamy pudding pop and are perfect on a hot summer day. These chocolate popsicles are low fat and taste great.
We enjoy ours sitting on the back porch after the kids go to bed. The kids and their friends enjoy them after playing in the sprinklers or jumping on the trampoline. Actually, they try to have them for breakfast too but I stop them./
Gather The Ingredients Needed
Before you begin whipping up your dairy free chocolate creamies popsicles, it's important to gather all the ingredients you will need. This recipe calls for chocolate pudding, cold milk ad whipped topping.
Making Dairy Free Creamies Chocolate Popsicles
To make these dairy free you will want to substitute a few ingredients. You can find many of these products at your local health food store. If they aren't available at your local health food store, you can find them online too. *contains affiliate linksDairy Free Chocolate Pudding
Dairy Free MilkDairy Free Whipped Topping
Blend the Mixture
First you'll prepare the pudding according to package directions. If you are using a cook and serve pudding, you will want to prepare the pudding and then allow it cool. Once your pudding is ready, stir in the whipped topping.
Getting That True Creamies Chocolate Popsicle Taste
To get that authentic delicious taste, you will want to put your pudding and whipped topping into a blender and blend for 15-30 seconds until smooth. After thee mixture has been thoroughly blended, pour or spoon your mixture into popsicle molds. For that authentic Creamies look, click on the link below for a similar Creamies popsicle mold. *contains affiliate linksCreamies Popsicle Mold
Divide the Mixture Among Popsicle Molds
Fill each mold until they are almost full, leaving some room at the top for the popsicles to expand when they freeze. Cover and insert sticks into the middle of each popsicle before freezing. You can now freeze your popsicles overnight or until completely frozen solid!
Freeze the Creamies Popsicles for at Least Four Hours
To get the perfect texture for your creamies popsicles, it's important to freeze them for a minimum of four hours. This will ensure they stay firm and easy to eat when you're ready to enjoy them on a hot summer day. If you want them extra creamy, you can pop them in the freezer for up to eight hours before eating.
Enjoy Your Dairy Free Chocolate Creamies Popsicles!
Now you can bite into cool, refreshing popsicles made with dairy free chocolate creamies. And don't forget the best part - they are absolutely delicious and so easy to make! Enjoy your tasty treat while soaking in the summer heat, feeling refreshed and energized!
These store bought favorites are now a creamy, make at home treat! This chocolate popsicle recipe will quickly become a summertime staple.
- 1 pkg (4 oz) chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- Prepare pudding and milk according to package directions. If using instant pudding, you can fold in the whipped topping immediately. If using cook and serve pudding, you will need to wait until the pudding has cooled completely before folding and stirring in the whipped topping. For a true Creamies taste, you will want to stick the mixture in a blender and blend for approximately 15-30 seconds after folding in your whipped topping.
- After pudding mixture and whipped topping have been thoroughly mixed together, spoon the pudding mixture into molds. You may need to tap the molds to reduce any air bubbles formed.
- Freeze for approximately four hours or overnight.
* For pudding: You can reduce calories by using Jello Sugar Free, Fat Free instant pudding, or use a healthier alternative by using Dr. Oetker's organic chocolate pudding found in health food stores. * For whipped topping, you can use one cup of whipped coconut milk cream, one cup whipping cream that has been whipped until soft peaks have formed, or TruWhip (all natural) or Cool Whip.
Barbara @ Barbara Bakes
Creamies are a favorite at our house too. How fun to make them at home.