Is a recipe asking for a boxed gluten free cake mix and you don't have one? This recipe for gluten free chocolate cake mix will be the perfect substitute for any recipe you need plus find other dry cake mix recipes too! (GF, DF, soy free, nut free, egg free, vegan, vegetarian, FODMAP friendly)
Box Cake Mix
This recipe substitutes easily for a box cake mix. A 15.25 oz of box cake mix usually contains about 3.5 cups of mix. Below are some of our other mixes you can use too!
A delicious mix with bits of fresh lemon. Use your mix to make some lemon cake mix cookies!
Can you ever go wrong with sprinkles in your cake? Nope! After try some delicious funfetti donuts!
One of the most versatile box mixes that can be used in a variety of different recipes!
You'll find the recipe below but some chocolate monster eye cookies are the perfect treat.
You only need five ingredients to make this mix! And after you make it I highly suggest making my five ingredient chocolate cake or five ingredient chocolate mug cake.
To make this cake you need:
- Gluten free all purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Butter (add in when you prepare the mix)
Stir together the dry ingredients and place in an airtight container or mason jar to store. The dry mix will store for several months.
To Prepare the Cake:
Add the dry mix, 4 tablespoons of softened butter, 1 cup water, ⅔ cup oil, 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract and 3 eggs mixing for 2-3 minutes until smooth. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan then bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. You can also divide and pour into two 8 inch circular pans to bake.
TRY THE BEST GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE!
- Gluten Free Flour: Make sure to use a mix with xantham gum. You can also use cake flour, just increase to 2 ¼ cups.
- Sugar: You can use lower calorie sugar.
- Butter: Dairy free butter can be substituted.
Gluten Free Cake Mix
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp butter (add when making up the mix)
- Stir ingredients together then place in an airtight container or mason jar. Label and store. Mix will store up to several months.