Do you remember your grandparents pouring bread crumb style coating into a clear resealable bag, then tossing it with chicken or pork and after shaking it manically to cover all the meat pieces in coating?
Let me introduce you to Shake n' Bake. We’re making this whole dinner that only uses five ingredients with the help of a gluten free coat and crunch alternative we found!
(GF, DF, soy free, nut free, egg free)
What is Shake n’ Bake?
Shake n’ Bake was created as a simple meal idea. Seasoned bread crumbs are tossed in a bag with raw meat so the meat becomes covered in the seasoning. The chicken is then cooked in the oven until thoroughly cooked through. While cooking the chicken develops a nice coat and crunch with the breadcrumbs.
Where can I purchase gluten free Shake n’ Bake?
The original maker of the popular product sadly doesn’t make a gluten free version.
But there are several recipes for gluten free Shake n’ Bake on the internet if you would like to do it yourself. We’ve even found a gluten free version that’s now being sold!
Today we are using Aleia Gluten Free Coat and Crunch to make this incredible under five ingredient sheet pan dinner! The WHOLE dinner–five ingredients!
We found this product in one of our Gluten Intolerance Group Packages.
WHAT IS GLUTEN INTOLERANCE GROUP?
- Aleia Gluten Free Crunch and Coat
Don't Forget The Dipping Sauce!
Pair the chicken with this delicious honey mustard dipping sauce!
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp lemon juice
Stir together in a small bowl. Serve with cooked chicken if desired.
Gluten Free Shake n' Bake Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 box gluten free coat and crunch
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 lbs chicken tenders
- 6 whole russet potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets or green beans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss potatoes in two tablespoons olive oil. Arrange on the baking sheet and bake in the oven at 425 degrees for ten minutes. Prepare chicken while baking.
- Toss chicken in olive oil. Place coat and crunch mixture in provided bags and add chicken and toss until fully coated. Arrange chicken on baking sheet, flip potatoes and bake for ten minutes. Flip chicken, add vegetables to the sheet pan and cook an additional ten minutes.
- Remove from oven when chicken is cooked thoroughly. Serve.
Post contains affiliate links.
Leave a Reply