Enjoy a rich peanut butter finger in cookie form! Peanut butter finger cookies are packed with a rich peanut flavor and topped with a cream chocolate frosting, these cookies are to die for!
Making Peanut Butter Finger Cookies
Peanut butter finger cookies are a delicious treat that are easy to make and perfect for any occasion. These cookies are made with just a few simple ingredients, and they have a wonderful texture that is both chewy and crunchy. They are also gluten-free, which makes them a great option for people who have dietary restrictions.
To make your cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white or coconut sugar
- 1 cup brown or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups all purpose unbleached flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the frosting on the cookies you will need:
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons of milk.
Making Your Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Mix well until everything is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add this mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies are cooled completely you can frost them. Mix the frosting ingredients together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
Peanut Butter Cookies Are So Versatile!
These cookies are a great alternative to traditional peanut butter cookies because of their unique shape. They are perfect for dipping in milk, coffee, or hot cocoa, and they also make great gifts for friends and family.
One of the great things about peanut butter finger cookies is that they are incredibly versatile. You can easily customize them by adding different types of nuts, chocolate chips, or even sprinkles. You can also experiment with different types of peanut butter to see which one you like best. Some people prefer to use natural peanut butter, which has a slightly different texture than the regular variety.
You Can Make Them Gluten Free and Dairy Free!
You can make these cookies gluten and dairy free simply by using gluten free flour and dairy free butter and milk. Simple and easy substitutions and the cookies will still taste great!
More Peanut Butter Goodness!
Love peanut butter as much as we do? Here are some wonderful peanut butter recipes you'll want to give a try to!