Every bite of this cookie is like biting into a delicious summery creamy cherry limeade! These white chocolate cherry limeade cookies have a sugar cookie base and are filled with white chocolate chips, cherry bits, and a hint of lime zest! You have GOT to try these delicious white chocolate chip cookies! (Gluten free option, dairy free option, nut free, soy free).
(First written in 2017)
During the dog days of summer we pack ourselves up and head to the canyon to get Chelsea, our german shorthair pointer into the water. Or head to the mountains to go hiking to cool her off. It's a great way to keep her cool. She will also opt for a night time car ride with the windows down and her ears and tongue flapping.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
There is something about white chocolate chips in a cookie that just adds something to a cookie! If you're planning on making cookies, let's make sure you have some other amazing tasting cookies with white chocolate chips!
There are a few ingredients you will want to grab:
- Baking soda and salt
- Lime zest
- White Chocolate Chips
- Cherry Bits
But Wait, What About Substitutions?
There are some simple substitutions that you can use to make these cookies adapt to your dietary needs: *Contains affiliate links
- Flour: You can use gluten free flour. Cup 4 Cup seems to work the best if you are able to have it.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar should be used in this recipe but you can substitute other sugars if you would like! I will substitute this low calorie sugar at times.
- Butter: You are welcome to use dairy free butter
- Eggs: Feel free to use egg replacer if you would like.
- Cherry bits: I used dried cherry bits but have used fresh cut cherries. I think the texture of the cookie is a little better with the dried cherries.
- White Chocolate Chips: I've used dairy free white chocolate chips and even sugar free white chocolate chips before!
**Please note that if you use substitutions sometimes the taste and/or texture may change.
White Chocolate Cherry Limeade Cookies
- 2 ¼ cup unbleached all purpose flour can substitute gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened can substitute dairy free butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lime zested
- 2 whole eggs can substitute egg replacer
- 2 cups white chocolate chips can substitute dairy free or sugar free
- 1 cup dried cherries or freshly chopped cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes) in a mixing bowl set to medium speed. Reduce mixer speed to low, then add in the vanilla, lime zest, and eggs; stirring until combined.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips and cherries.
- Drop the dough by tablespoons, rolling dough into a ball before placing the dough on the cookie sheet. Leave several inches of space in between cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow to sit on baking sheet for several minutes before moving to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
- Drizzle or dip cookies in white chocolate if desired.
Blast from the Past
See our first photos of this recipe! It's been a favorite on our site since 2017!!