Cinnamon toast crunch rice krispy treats will quickly become one of your favorite variations on the classic cereal favorite!
Remember those gooey, melty squares of Rice Krispie Treats, oozing marshmallow and speckled with the sweet crunch of cereal? Now, imagine infusing that childhood memory with the irresistible flavor of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Yes, prepare to elevate the classic with this recipe for Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispie Treats! You'll love them as much as our Frosted Flake Rice Krispy Treats!
It only takes three ingredients to make these incredible cinnamon toast crunch marshmallow treats! For this recipe you will need:
- Cinnamon square cereal
- White chocolate chips (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted and smooth. Don't overheat, or the marshmallows will harden.
- Remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
- Gently fold the mixture until the cereal is evenly distributed. Don't overmix, or the cereal will get soggy.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Press down firmly with a spatula to spread evenly.
- Let the treats cool completely at room temperature, then cut into squares.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate, if desired.
You will need a 9x13 inch baking pan and a saucepan to make these delicious treats!
You can easily make some substitutions for food allergies, preferences, and intolerances.
- Gluten free: You will need to substitute gluten free Cinnamon toast crunch cereal. There are several brands you can find in stores that are gluten free cinnamon crunch cereal.
- Vegan: Just substitute dairy free butter and vegan marshmallows.
- Dairy free: Use dairy free butter in this recipe.
Bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Freshness is key: Use fresh marshmallows for the best texture and flavor.
- Don't overcook: Keep the heat low when melting the marshmallows to avoid scorching them.
- Gentle folding: Resist the urge to overmix the cereal into the marshmallow. A delicate touch preserves the crunch.
- Get creative: Experiment with different toppings and mix-ins! Chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even mini chocolate chips can add exciting new flavors.
- Storage savvy: Store the treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can try other flavors. There are also many gluten free cinnamon crunch cereal flavors on the market.
You can use a smaller pan or even individual molds for bite-sized treats.
Of course! These treats make a great make-ahead snack or dessert. Treats will store up to three days.
Top them with a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Rice Krispy Treats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal can substitute gluten free
- ½ cup white chocolate chips melted (optional)
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large saucepan set to low heat, melt the butter and marshmallows until the marshmallows are melted, stirring to comb ine.
- Turn off heat.
- Slowly stir in the cereal and coat completely in the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the cereal and marshmallow mixture into the pan, lightly pressing to spread evenly.
- Melt and drizzle melted white chocolate over the top if desired (optional)