Coconut sugar caramel popcorn is a delicious and tasty treat! Pair it with some thrift store shopping online and you've got a fun and inexpensive night of shopping ahead! **This is NOT a sponsored post**
"MOM, YOU HAVE TO GO TO PLATO'S CLOSET AND PICK UP THIS CUTE SHIRT BEFORE 9PM TONIGHT PLEAAAAASE!!!!"
I probably get that text message once or twice a week. Both kids are now heavy into the online shopping world--my son into electronics and my daughter into thrift store shopping online. And I'm not opposed to it. Seriously, they make it so easy. They will put a post up on Instagram like this that has a nice complete outfit with sizes and brands posted.
You can then send a request to hold a particular item. You then have until closing that day to pick it up or it goes to the next person who requested it. Brilliant idea! I may NEVER have to actually go shopping again and try to coordinate outfits which is one of the hardest things for me to do.
Of course, then there is my son who sends me stuff like graphics cards pictures or computer screens or pictures of what he wants his computer gaming area to look like and then will say something like "can you find out if this is a good graphics card or not? It's a good deal but not sure if it's big enough for my games and stuff."
And then five minutes later:
"Did you find out? Will it work? Can I buy it??"
I love my kids. I think they are growing up with a lot of patience.
So on those nights I am floored by the amount of patience they exhibit, I grab a sweet treat after they go to bed. This naturally sweet treat is made from coconut sugar and is absolutely delicious! Coconut sugar caramel popcorn is so good and has a nice caramelly taste to it. For a little bit of added *bling* try our Zebra Popcorn!
- 9 cups popped popcorn (approximately ½ cup corn kernels, popped)
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Remove any kernels from the popcorn and discard. Place the popped popcorn in a very large mixing bowl.
- Place the butter in a saucepan on the stove. On medium heat, melt the butter. Once butter is melted, add the coconut sugar and honey. Bring mixture to a boil. Once the mixture is boiling, continue to boil for five minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla. Pour the caramel mixture over the popcorn and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Once popcorn is mixed, spread the popcorn evenly on a cookie sheet. Place the popcorn in a 250 degree preheated oven for fifteen minutes, stirring the popcorn halfway through to bake the popcorn evenly.
- Remove the popcorn from the oven and allow the popcorn to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
**Note the darker color that coconut sugar has. We drizzled ours with a little bit of white chocolate prior to eating.
Leave a Reply