Beautiful Easter themed no bake dairy free cheesecake with crushed chocolate eggs on top! A simple no bake recipe! You won't believe this cheesecake contains under five ingredients! (Gluten free option, dairy free option, nut free, egg free, soy free, FODMAP)
"there's a piece that doesn't have floor on it." --friends
Cheesecake is one of those amazing desserts that just knows how to combine tangy and sweet with decadent. I'm thinking this cheesecake may be a new Easter favorite!
The ingredient list only requires a few ingredients. Under five to be exact!
- Crushed Graham Crackers
- Melted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Cadbury Eggs (if dairy is tolerated), Dairy Free Chocolate Eggs
- Crushed Graham Crackers: You can substitute gluten free graham crackers.
- Melted Butter: You can substitute dairy free melted butter
- Cream Cheese: Dairy free cream cheese can be used.
- Powdered Sugar: You are fine to substitute no calorie or low calorie powdered sugar.
- Cream: You can substitute dairy free whipping cream
- Chocolate Cadbury Eggs: You can substitute dairy free chocolate eggs or non dairy candy coated candies.
You will need a little more than half an hour to make this recipe, but 90% of the prep time goes to refrigeration. It was a very simple recipe to prep and then throw in the refrigerator and go about my activities and then come back. And refrigeration times don't need to be exact. If you're running late, it's okay that it stays in the refrigerator a little longer.
The cheesecake stores nicely in the refrigerator covered for a couple of days. Do not freeze.
No Bake Dairy Free Cheesecake for Easter
For the Crust:
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- ⅓ cup melted butter
For the Cheesecake:
- 1 ¾ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cream
- 1 ½ cups Cadbury eggs or dairy free chocolate eggs or dairy free candy coated chocolate pieces. (see notes)
- In a bowl, mix together the crushed graham crackers and melted butter. Press into a pie pan or divide among four ramekins. Place in the refrigerator for thirty minutes.
- On medium speed in a mixer, whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and cream until light and fluffy (approximately 2-3 minutes)
- Fold in 1 cup of the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the cheesecake mix onto the crumb mixture in the pie pan and spread evenly, or divide the cream cheese mixture among the four ramekins evenly. Refrigerate mixture for several hours until firm. (Note: dairy free may not firm up like regular cream cheese).
- Score a knife around the outside of the cheesecake and remove cheesecake if desired. Place on a serving platter and decorate tops with remaining chocolate.