There's no need for a packet of gravy anymore. You also won't need to have leftover drippings either. This classic gravy mix is perfect for topping meat, potatoes, fried chicken, meatloaf and more! (Gluten free option, dairy free option, egg free, nut free, soy free, FODMAP)
This recipe is part of our cooking basics recipe. These are simple recipes that use minimal ingredients. They are the building blocks of recipes. When you are gluten free or dairy free it can be really tough. So I created a cooking basics section to help. You can view more of our cooking basics recipes HERE.
What to Serve Gravy With
- Mashed Potatoes
- Fried Chicken
- Pot Roast
- Old England Roast Beef
- Rolls or Biscuits
MAKE THIS GRAVY MIX FOR OUR OLD ENGLAND ROAST BEEF RECIPE!
Gluten Free Classic Gravy Recipe
- 3 tbsp oil or butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour can substitute gluten free
- 2 cups chicken, turkey or beef stock
- ½ cup chicken, beef or turkey drippings (if dripping not available, use all stock)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk all ingredients in a saucepan until smooth. Heat on medium heat, stirring occasionally until the gravy has thickened and is bubbling.
- Remove gravy from heat and adjust seasonings if needed. Pour gravy into a gravy boat and serve warm.
Leave a Reply