Satisfy your sweets craving with these five-ingredient gluten free Twix bars you can make at home. So easy and delicious! (gluten free, dairy free option, egg free, nut free, vegan option, vegetarian option, FODMAP)Jump to Recipe
Making Gluten Free Twix Bars
If you're looking for a sweet treat that's both gluten-free and easy to make, then these five-ingredient Twix bars are perfect for you. Not only are they deliciously satisfying, but they can also be made in the comfort of your own home. With just a few simple ingredients, you'll have a tasty snack that's perfect for any occasion.
Ingredients and Preparation
Making gluten-free Twix bars at home requires just a few basic ingredients. You'll need my gluten-free shortbread cookie recipe, which serve as the base for the bars. You'll also need caramel candies, which get melted and poured over the shortbread layer. Next, you'll need chocolate chips to add the final layer of flavor to these tasty treats. Let them cool and then cut into small squares for bite-sized enjoyment.
Prepare the shortbread base
The crunch in Twix bars comes from the shortbread base. You can make them at home easily using just three ingredients: butter, flour and powdered sugar. Simply mix the ingredients together, then bake them in the oven at 350°F for about 10-12 minutes until they're golden brown. Allow the base to cool down completely before moving onto the next step.
Make the caramel filling
You can make your caramel filling from scratch or you can melt premade caramels. I've used dairy free caramels before or you can use Kraft caramels. To make these quick and easy and five ingredients, we just used premade caramels. *Contains affiliate linksDairy Free Caramels
Assemble the bars and chill them in the fridge
After you have successfully made the shortbread and caramel layers, it's time to put them together! Carefully pour the caramel on top of the shortbread and use a spatula to spread it evenly. Once spread out, melt your chocolate chips and then pour and spread evenly over the caramel. Place the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill. This will ensure that the caramel and chocolate layer sets and firms up properly. After chilling, remove from the fridge and slice into small bars. You can serve them immediately or store them in an airtight container in the fridge for later snacking!
Cut and enjoy your homemade Twix bars!
After all your hard work, it's time to enjoy the fruits of your labor! Take out your chilled Twix bars from the pan and cut them into small, bite-sized pieces. You'll be able to see the distinct layers of shortbread and caramel that make up this delicious treat. So go ahead, indulge in a sweet and crunchy delight without worrying about gluten allergies or restrictions. Make sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks to keep them fresh for snacking later on. Enjoy your homemade Twix bars whenever you crave something sweet and satisfying!
Making the Bars Gluten Free and Dairy Free
You can make the bars gluten free by substituting gluten free all purpose flour for the shortbread. To make the bars dairy free, use dairy free caramels, dairy free butter and dairy free chocolate chips.
Five Ingredient Gluten Free Twix Bars
For the Cookie Base:
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour
For the Caramel
- 1 11 oz package caramels
For the Chocolate Topping
- 1 12 oz package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the gluten-free flour and powdered sugar. Add in the softened butter and mix until well combined and a dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Once the crust is cool, melt the caramels according to package directions. Pour and spread evenly over the shortbread. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the caramel layer, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Place the bars in the fridge until firm. (about 15-30 minutes)
- Once the chocolate has set, lift the parchment paper to remove the Twix bars from the pan. Cut them into small bars or squares.Serve and enjoy your gluten-free Twix bars!