Delicious naturally sweetened homemade chocolates are made dairy free with Enjoy Life chocolate!
Welcome to our house. This is the scene every afternoon at our house. I've learned to have a lot of snacks ready, because these boys like to eat when they get home from school. And when I kick them off the video games, you can find them outside playing football or downstairs in the garage playing ping pong. They were so sweet to even assemble the ping pong table. They are very vocal when playing video games. They like to yell at the TV a lot. And listening to them smack talk each other is hilarious.
In other news, I let my daughter drive through a drive thru for the second time and we got stuck in it. It took 40 minutes to get a pizza!! My poor son had to wait 30 minutes after taekwondo for us to pick him up because we were stuck in the drive thru.
Every afternoon I let her drive home from play practice at the high school. This is the usually the scene. We both have our seat heaters on, but I'm not sure why she loves the seat heater on and the AC blasting. I opt for 80 to balance out the coldness and my seat heater on full blast.
Sigh. It's hard to think that she was once so young. And now she's a couple of years away from graduating!!
I hope this one stays little but she keeps telling me she can't control it...she just keeps growing and she doesn't know how it happens! Yesterday she was a little bit confused that the dog used her as a pillow instead of her using the dog as a pillow like usual.
Later when I tried to lay down for a little bit, this booger came over and obnoxiously used me as a pillow until I took her for a run. What you don't see is her pawing my face too. She has a highly effective method of waking you up in the morning or when she hasn't had a walk. But now we must turn our attention back to the task at hand...chocolate. Chocolate is a very important topic this time of year. It's Valentine's Day...one of the ickiest holidays for me of the year. I am not a fan, but I love to eat chocolate and chocolate covered strawberries. I could do without the holiday. My daughter is having a "gal"entines day and my son is having a video game contest that night. We aren't big on celebrating the holiday.
This year, I made it easier to make these. I included a video, woo hooo! I'm still learning the whole video thing and my videos aren't as good as other bloggers but at least I'm trying!
- 1 cup dairy free chocolates (we used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips but you can use regular semi sweet chocolate if you would to)
- ¼ cup crispy rice cereal
- 2-3 drops peppermint essential oil or ¼-1/2 tsp natural peppermint extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chocolate molds
- Additional melted chocolate for drizzling
- Place the one cup of dairy free chocolates in a microwave bowl. Microwave for one minute. Stir until chocolate is smooth. Microwave in additional 15 second increments if needed until chocolate is melted.
- Divide the melted chocolate into three separate bowls. Stir in the ¼ cup crispy rice cereal in one bowl and the 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil or extract as desired.
- Spoon the chocolate into the molds. For the regular chocolates, sprinkle additional mini chocolate chips on the top. Drizzle melted chocolate over the crispy rice treat.
- Refrigerate until set. Remove from molds and serve.
- Store in an airtight container for several days.
Materials Lists and Links:
Flower Rolling Pin: Target One Spot, $3 (Seasonal)
Candy Molds: Amazon.com
Chocolate Chips: Enjoy Life
Leave a Reply