Looking for a delicious fall dessert option? Look no further than these indulgent Snickers Caramel Apple Cupcakes! With minimal effort, you can make this sweet treat that combines the classic flavors of your favorite candy bar and the classic fall fruit.
Making Snickers Caramel Apple Cupcakes
These Snickers Caramel Apple Cupcakes are the perfect combination of sweet, caramel-y, and apple-y flavors. The soft and fluffy cupcake base is studded with Snickers pieces, while the rich and creamy frosting is made with caramel sauce. These cupcakes are sure to be a hit with anyone who loves sweet and indulgent treats. So, bake a batch today and enjoy a delicious Snickers-filled cupcake experience!
Gather Your Ingredients
Before you get started, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. You’ll need 1½ cups all-purpose flour, ¾ cup granulated sugar, 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder, ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt, 1 stick melted and cooled unsalted butter, 2 large eggs at room temperature, 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, a chopped Snickers bar for each cupcake (about 7 bars), caramel sauce or caramel bits for drizzling and topping, and diced apple for garnish.
Prepare the Cupcake Base
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and lining a muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. Add in the melted butter and stir until combined. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract until everything is fully incorporated. Use an ice cream scoop to fill each of the cupcake liners two-thirds full with batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool before topping with your frosting, Snicker bars and caramel drizzle!
Bake the Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a mixing bowl, add in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the eggs one at a time until incorporated before adding in the vanilla extract and buttermilk. Slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Line cupcake tin with liners then spoon batter into each liner about ¾ full – about ¼ cup of batter per liner. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from center of cupcake. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting and decorating!
Assemble and Decorate the Cupcakes!
Now it's time to assemble and decorate your Snickers and Caramel Apple Cupcakes. Prepare the frosting and frost each cupcakes. Garnish cupcakes with chopped Snickers bars. Drizzle caramel sauce evenly over all cupcakes. Finally, garnish each cupcake with an apple slice if desired! Then enjoy these delicious treats!
For those looking to give their snickers caramel apple cupcakes a unique twist, there are a variety of substitutions you can make. Try using different types of apples, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp for a tart topping.
You can also substitute the caramel for peanut butter frosting or chocolate ganache for an extra-rich flavor.
If the Snickers aren’t your thing, try adding marshmallows and chopped peanuts for texture and flavor!
You can use gluten free flour flour blend in place of all purpose flour.
Snickers Caramel Apple Cupcakes
- Piping bag optional
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 green apple peeled, cored and chopped into small bite sized pieces
- 10 fun size Snickers bars divided
- For the frosting:
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- To Make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease twelve muffin cups lightly and set aside.
- On a cutting board, chop six of the fun sized Snickers bars into small, bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl, blend butter and sugar at medium speed for several minutes until mixture becomes light and fluffy. Turn off mixer, scrape the sides of the bowl and add in eggs. Mix at low speed until eggs are blended well. Slowly alternate adding half of the flour mixture with half of the milk into the mixing bowl until done. Turn off mixer when the cupcake batter is completely mixed.
- Fold in the chopped apple and Snickers until fully incorporated.
- Pour approximately ¼ cup of batter into each muffin cup. You will want to fill each muffin cup approximately ⅔ of the way full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until the top springs back up when lightly pressed or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool. While cupcakes are cooling, make frosting.