Wingers restaurant is famous for their sticky finger wings with a subtle sweet heat. Make this meal at home in minutes while enjoying a classic restaurant favorite!Jump to Recipe
Why Are Wings Such an Important Food?
Wings are deeply rooted in American culture. A popular food for sports watching, it's one of the most served foods on Super Bowl Sunday. But they are also popular not only at game time but while dining at the bar, or during summer. They have become one of the most popular American finger foods.
How Do You Prep Wings?
How you prep your wings can be a major source of debate. Some like a vinegary tasting wing while others opt for sweet and spicy. Some want their wings hot while others like a sweet sauce. Whole restaurants like Wing Nutz aim to stop the debate and allow diners to choose their own dipping sauces. Anyway you prep them they should just be nice and sticky!
What is Wingers?
Wingers restaurant has locations in Utah, Idaho, Nevada and Oregon. It's famous for it's wings and beer. In addition to wings, Wingers also has salads, burgers, tacos, and a vegetarian menu. And their asphalt dessert pie is delicious! It's a wing bar with a family friendly atmosphere and vibe with sports playing.
What is in Winger's Sauce?
This recipe is the closest and best copycat recipe I can find for the sauce. It is delicious on it's own. The sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. And the sauce is only three ingredients!! I haven't met one person that hasn't tried the Wingers sauce and not liked it. You only need some Frank's hot sauce, brown sugar and a little garlic and butter.
What Do You Serve with Winger's Chicken?
Wingers chicken can be cut up and served in a sticky finger salad like the one in the photo or you can serve it with fries, mashed potatoes, celery sticks, or salad.
Try some of our other favorite wings and eat a slice of our favorite Winger's dessert at home!
Winger's Asphalt Dessert Pie (DF, GF, EF, SF, NF)
Spicy Ranch BBQ Wings (DF, GF, EF, SF, NF)
Wicked Hot Wings (DF, GF, EF, SF, NF)
Winger's also makes delicious burgers too! Why not make some air fryer burgers?
- 24 oz crispy chicken strips (we use Tyson, can also use Tyson gluten free chicken strips)
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar (can substitute calorie free brown sugar...may alter taste)
- ⅓ cup Frank's original hot sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cook chicken strips according to package directions. While the chicken is cooking prepare the sauce.
- Place saucepan on the stove over low heat. Add the butter and heat until butter is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat until sugar is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Remove chicken strips from oven and toss in the sauce. Serve.