If there is one sticky finger joint that I could eat at everyday for the rest of my life it would be Winger's. The grilled sticky finger salad is a combination of juicy grilled chicken, crispy lettuce, and sweet and tangy sticky sauce. The dish is a perfect blend of flavors and textures that are sure to please anyone looking for a delicious and satisfying meal. Add some fries and a blended root beer float and it's the perfect meal!
What Are Wingers Sticky Finger?
Winger's is a casual dining restaurant chain that is known for its menu of wings, ribs, and other American cuisine. The restaurant was established in the 1980s and has since expanded to multiple locations across the United States.
Wingers sticky fingers are a popular dish that are a staple of the Winger's menu. Its such a delicious and satisfying meal that has been enjoyed by millions of people over the years.
The base of all Wingers sticky fingers is the Freakin' Amazing sauce. This is a simple sauce. For the sauce you will need:
- Frank's Hot Sauce
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder
The salad needs:
- Breaded or unbreaded chicken tenders tossed in Freakin' Amazing sauce.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Dried cranberries
Making Freakin' Amazing Sauce
To make your sauce, in a saucepan on low mix together the Franks Hot Sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder until the sugar dissolves.
Take the sauce off the heat and toss the cooked chicken tenders in the sauce. Reserve any additional sauce for dipping or mix half Freakin' Amazing sauce and half ranch for a delicious spicy ranch for your salad!
Assembling The Grilled Sticky Finger Salad
To assemble your salad, place lettuce on your plate. Cut the chicken tenders and arrange on the plate. Sprinkle cheddar cheese and dried cranberries on top. Drizzle ranch dressing over the top. You can also drizzle your mixture of Freakin' Amazing sauce and ranch over the top of the salad.
- Do I have to use Frank's Hot sauce? Yes, you will need to use Frank's original hot sauce.
- Can I Make the Sauce Ahead of Time? Absolutely! The sauce can be made ahead of time and then stored in a mason jar. It can be stored in the refrigerator for several days then warmed when you area ready to use.
- Do I Use Chicken Fingers or Chicken Tenders? They are both the same, so either is fine! You can even use gluten free breaded chicken tenders.
- Can I Grill Chicken Tenders and Then Make Sticky Fingers? At the restaurant, you can order grilled, not breaded chicken tenders. I'll often grill unbreaded chicken tenders and then brush with Freakin' Amazing sauce.
Copycat Wingers Grilled Sticky Finger Salad
- salad bowl
- 2 whole boneless chicken breast cooked and sliced into thin strips
- 1 ounce ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 ounce ¼ cup 2% cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 cups lettuce shredded use spinach if desired
- ¼ cup low calorie ranch dressing
- 4-5 tablespoon Wingers Original Amazing Sauce
- In a pan, place cooked chicken and 2 tablespoons of Wingers sauce. Toss the chicken in the Wingers sauce until chicken is warmed.
- Wash and arrange salad on a plate or in a salad bowl. Top each salad with ⅛ cup of the cheeses, ¼ cup cranberries, and ¼ cup cherry tomatoes. Divide the chicken up evenly onto the two plates.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ranch dressing and 2-3 tablespoons of the remaining Wingers sauce. Mix together until blended well. Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad.
- ⅓ cup Franks hot sauce
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool completely before using.